Long Term cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by murkinrg, Jan 25, 2006.

1. murkinrg

murkinrg New Member

Hi everyone,Robert from the UK here - first time massage.

Just wondered if anyone recongnizes my symptoma?

Started my cold at end of October.It just about went after xmas but now I feel i'm on the edge of another one.
    Seem to get more and more colds these days.Had a bad one in July!!!

Had lots of stress in last 5 years.Wife suffers from long term depression which got worse when son was born 5 yrs ago.She's getting better now but i've found it hard playing at being counsellor/psycotherapist (can't spell)every day.Feel quite drained.I'm not that good atstress anyway!

Am taking selenium,zinc,Vit Bs,Coenzyme etc.

Can anyone offer any advice or does anyone recognise those symptoms or had simular experiences.

Wishing you all well.
    Robert, Surrey UK (age 39)
  2. murkinrg

murkinrg New Member

Many thanks to the 2 of you.That is good advise and a very warm welcome.
    Speak soon
    love
    Robert
    xx
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I live in Scotland I know that since October people have been catching cold after cold. It's like the cold virus isnt leaving people properly and keeps returning.

I dont know if thats what's wrong with you but I do know it's happening up here to comparatively well people so what chance do we have.

The supplements you're taking are good but you could try Echinacea, I buy the tincure from Holland and Barrett. I take it 4 times a day at the sign of a cold or flu and it has kept the cold away from me these past few months. Also 4 times usual amount of vitamin C.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/26/2006]
  4. murkinrg

murkinrg New Member

Thanks for that Rosie
    I'll hit Holland & Barratt during my lunch break.
    I think a lot to do with it is my inability to cope tha well with stress.I think i need to work on the mental side too.I love my sport but i'm not sure thats helping my immune system but I need the sport to escape mentally.Its a viscous (cant spell sorry0 circle.
    Never mind, its my 40th next month at least i've lots of cake eating to look forward too!!
    Thanks again to you and everyone who has responded to my message.I feel a little guilty as I sense that my own issues are nowhere near as tough as some people on this site.
    Wishing all well.
    Robert
    xxx
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

do what you can to keep yourself well.

You will find invaluable info here and lots of support too if you need it.

Remember to buy the tincture, you put 15 drops in a little water, it doesnt taste great but it works faster than the tablets. I really swear by this.

You can continue taking it every day at the regular amount when your cold has gone. Every few months though you have to stop it for a couple of weeks.

Let us know how you get on. Exercise is good for stress, wish I could exercise still.

And happy 40th when it comes.

love
    Rosie
  6. murkinrg

murkinrg New Member

Thank you lady from Kansas

Read your profile.I agree with your theory of leaving the body to heal itself.I guess we just need to give it the tools to do so.Good food,no stress and plenty of rest.
    I confess to having a habit of flogging my body to death for the cause of keeping fit.
    All things in moderation I guess.!!

Take care of you.

Robert,Surrey,UK