long-term effects of EBV?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nct, Nov 21, 2002.

1. nct

nct New Member

Hey everyone!
    Haven't been on for a while-good to see some still familiar names though.

This stuff won't apply to everyone, but I hope someone responds.

I had mono/EBV over a year ago...and was concerned it was becoming CFS, it went on so long.
    At this point, I feel much better...but still will sometimes have a brief "relapse."
    Before I got sick, I never, ever took naps. I just felt worse after than I did before.
    But now, I do sometimes nap. And it does me good.
    And sometimes, I will still wake up in the morning with my knees all wobbly and fatigued, which is how I felt when I was in the grips of the EBV. And it will sometimes keep me home from work.
    But all in all, I have a good social life, sex life, I go out to concerts and with friends, etc.
    So I'm just curious if anyone knows...am I at more of a risk of other immune related problems? Of this becoming CFS later on?
    I recently started lo-carb eating, to lose weight, and it has worked fantastically, also lowering my blood pressure-which was in need of lowering.
    I'm 34, female---with not much autoimmune related problems hereditarily...my mom had a little arthritis in her hands and toes...my aunt had gout---but most other hereditary problems are cancer-related(wonderful, huh?)

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Best of luck to everyone!!
    Thanks

Nancy
  2. nct

nct New Member

Hey everyone!
    Haven't been on for a while-good to see some still familiar names though.

This stuff won't apply to everyone, but I hope someone responds.

I had mono/EBV over a year ago...and was concerned it was becoming CFS, it went on so long.
    At this point, I feel much better...but still will sometimes have a brief "relapse."
    Before I got sick, I never, ever took naps. I just felt worse after than I did before.
    But now, I do sometimes nap. And it does me good.
    And sometimes, I will still wake up in the morning with my knees all wobbly and fatigued, which is how I felt when I was in the grips of the EBV. And it will sometimes keep me home from work.
    But all in all, I have a good social life, sex life, I go out to concerts and with friends, etc.
    So I'm just curious if anyone knows...am I at more of a risk of other immune related problems? Of this becoming CFS later on?
    I recently started lo-carb eating, to lose weight, and it has worked fantastically, also lowering my blood pressure-which was in need of lowering.
    I'm 34, female---with not much autoimmune related problems hereditarily...my mom had a little arthritis in her hands and toes...my aunt had gout---but most other hereditary problems are cancer-related(wonderful, huh?)

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Best of luck to everyone!!
    Thanks

Nancy
  3. nikkin

nikkin New Member

Nancy,

I also have been dx with a reactivaton of EB. I have really good days and not so good ones.. It started for me in Oct..and still isn't over. I have also had very achy lymph nodes, low grade fevers, mild sweating, tiredness ..and now a new one.. something called formication, which is a senstation of skin crawling. Not sure this is connected with EB though.. I just had a ct scan done.. cause some of my symptoms are also B symptoms of lymphoma... I will know Mon.. I am hoping it all caused by EB. I found this board and there seems to be alot they go through that i have....
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nancy.....................

Shalom, Shirl
  5. lucky

lucky New Member

I was diagnosed with EPV among other problems more than 10 yrs. ago, and as I have read on this board, there are others as well who had been diagnosed and where, like in my case, the EBV turned into CFS. However, I am sure that since you are still very young, that you will beat this virus and have a much better life ahead of you. Good luck and enjoy whatever you have fun with. Lucky