Long time sporadic lurker-Miserable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DWD, May 10, 2003.

1. DWD

DWD New Member

I lurked for at least a year here and I want to thank all of you who post for the info and conpassion I've gotten here. I have a hard time organizing my thoughts and writing them now. I use to very good at composing and expressing myself. But CFS has left me akin to one who has had a stroke or a head injuty. <p>
    My illness started very severly about two years ago with a strange sore throat,rashes, vomiting,diarhea and the left side of my head felt like I'd been mule kicked.My throat looks like a burn injury.I was off work for six months.<p> Now I have some times that feel ok for awhile-but many days I'am in a lotta pain. Many of my lymph nodes are enlarged and painful. My doc gives me that, "Oh,Its YOU again" treatment.<P>
    It's really hard to have something that the doctor can't easily diagnose. Thanks again for this message board.

2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

We are glad to hear from you! The reason this board is so effective is because there are so many of us that are miserable, frustrated, and isolated....and the truth is when we are all feeling the most worthless is when we really have things to contribute and this board is one of the few places we can. Don't ever feel as though you have to apologize for the fog-driven , we seem to have our own spelling, right? Sometimes I think I have even created a new alphabet!! So...anyway please feel welcome to post anytime.....love, Rebel
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello DWD, glad you decided to post, don't worry about how you writing is, we all are suffering from the same illnesses, and sometimes I don't know what I am saying, and have to go back and rewrite a whole post. Lose my train of thought and at times forget who I am responding too as well.

We are so happy you have decided to jump in and write, we are always glad to see new members.

I have FM, so don't have all the symptoms you have, but sure can relate to some of them.

As for doctors, well there are a lucky few here who have good ones.

I have been dealing with FM for 20 plus years now, so you know how it goes for most of us. Long time, very little help from the medical profession.

This is a great board, lots of well informed people, and they are very supportive too.

Again, welcome to you, and don't be a stranger! Come as often as you feel you want too.

Shalom, Shirl