longest wait for social security hearing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springlakeorphan, Apr 10, 2009.

1. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Just curious how long people have waited from their first filing to get a date set for their hearing. I applied September 2006 and have a court date of July 15Th 2009. I asked my attorney if he thought I would win and his responce was "if I were the judge, I would apologize for making you wait so long"! I know it varies from state to state and here in Wisconsin we have a tremondous backlog. Wish me luck!
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

Wow, that is a long time. I do not have a date yet...been waiting since March 2007...it is so difficult. I even asked my State Representative to write a letter to SS on my behalf. I was told that can move things. They did and all SS replied with was a letter stating that my case is assigned to a Judge...but STILL does not have a hearing date.

I hope and pray you have a positive outcome. Please let us know.

jmq
  3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

That's terrible! I had no idea you could wait that long. How do they expect people to live in the meantime.

I have just started looking into disability and trying to find a lawyer - it is depressing to think of the battle ahead.

Good luck to you both!

Kristina
  4. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I'm in NC. Waited for my hearing for 23 months! Then got denied again!!

I'm now at the appeals level and have been waiting now 19 mos, they say their average is 30 months. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! In the meantime, I have lost everything. Been evicted, car repossessed, gone without medications, doctor visits and even had to sell my wedding ring. I know I could feel so much better if I didn't have the stress over money. I deserve to win, but, the system is so clogged up right now that who knows if I'll ever get it. I haven't been able to work since 2000. Good luck to you.
  5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

After you were denied at the ALJ hearing . are you now waiting for a federal courts hearing or did you start all over with new application ?

I'm asking because this seems very long for you to wait.

Butterflydream
  6. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

I waited in NJ from 2/05 file date to 2/09 court date. I did win but I waited 4 years!