Look Good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Angel6801, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

That was what dr said when he first saw me. He didn't think I have any problems. He questioned me as I told him that I have part time job, full time student, and is single mother (am 23 now) of three years old... He looked at me and said.. But you look good. U just need to get out and be soical with friends so you can feel better. He prescribled me with anti depressant medication. Needless to say, I never went back to him. And search for new doctors. I know I am NOT image this.
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I'm so sorry you had such a bad visit. Please keep on looking for a good doctor. There are some out there.

I learned a while ago that just because someone went to school for 10 years, does not mean the are intelligent. It only means they went to school for 10 years. Unfortunatly, I don't think anyone can understand why people who are not healers become doctors in the first place, - I guess it's for the money, or the prestige, but certainly not for the patient!

Good luck in your search. I'm going to a rheumatologist for the first time next week. I live in the boonies, so I don't really have any expectations. I'm also ready to tell him off, if he starts being stupid. I hope I don't chicken out, and I hope I can do it with humor, should it become necessary for me to enlighten him. :)

Hugs,
    Terry
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

angel6810:
    I would go doctor 'shopping' also. I had to do it a number of times in the past and it worked out well for me.
    It is a pain to do and could be an expense but who wants to buy a pig in the poke?
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

doctors are depressed, so they think everyone else is too. that's my story and i'm sticking to it. you can do better. jen102
  5. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

I just found new RA dr. I already had appt with him. He haven't confirm that I have FM yet. So far he seems to be nice. He asked a lot of questions though. That is good.. Maybe this will help him to deicde what is really wrong with me instead guessing it like other doctors. And.. I am on Medicaid insurance. So money is not issues yet...
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

than to say that to me. However, I hear this from friends and relatives every now and then.

"How can you have anything wrong with you? You look great!"

I gag, quietly to myself, and thank them for the compliment and change the subject. I have found it does absolutely no good to try to explain anything about CFIDS.

In fact, as I said on another post, part of my New Year's resolution is "Never explain; never complain" except on this board and to my sister.