Look wot FM has done 2 me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cycie, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Hi 2 U All

Take a look at the pic in my Profile and see what FM has done to me, it's a bludy crime hey.
    The 1st pic is when Leanne Rimes came to Aust and my boyfriend at the time took me to see her at the Brisbane entertainment center, it was sooooo exciting, as I had never been anywhere like that before.

Take care and Gentle HUGS all round
    cycie from downunder
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Honey you are still beautiful. You have a gorgeous smile. I have FM and Crohn's and survived breast cancer; I don't look any thing like I used to. I weigh over 200 pounds now. People don't recognize me.

These diseases do a number on us. We are beautiful in spirit though.

(((((((Hugs)))))))
    Michelle
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

You look very nice. I know how you feel. People always told me I look young for my age. Now, after FMS other fun stuff, I sure don't get told that anymore.

Hope the boyfriend's a good one! I raised my kids solo as well until I met my husband 12 years ago. We've been married 7 years. Got myself an absolute darling!!!

Regards,
    CanBrit

4. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm only 27 and feel like I've aged 10 years in the past 1.... Just got a haircut last week for my grandpa's funneral and was amazed at the gray hair.. It takes a toll on you!
  5. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I agree with the previous poster. You have a beautiful smile and your heart shines through. AND you are still not a bad lookin lady!

I remember when I went into the Post Office where my oldest son worked to take him for a medical test, his co-worker said I looked more like his sister than his mom. I was 44....don't get that anymore.

I was fit and healthy and never looked my age until FM stole my ability to exercise and so many other things.

It's so hard to look in the mirror and see someone we don't recognize, but we know we are still in there!
  6. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Thank you all for your kind words, this is a great place to be, where we all understand each other and don't have to explain ourselves away hey.
    4 1/2 yrs between the 2 pic's, back then I managed a Fruit/Veg shop 4 days a week, 12 hr days, lots of heavy lifting etc, also Line danced between 30/40 hrs a week, just loved it, now...well U no the story.
    The boyfriend turned out to be a male gigalo, was living with me and screwing around while I was at work, so needless to say we parted company, so I am happy to be alone for now and concentrate on my beautiful grand children, they are my reason for living.

I was married twice, the 1st one bashed me and the 2nd one screwed everything that wasn't nailed down and had 2 relationships since both bad, so I figure some of us aren't meant to be happy in love and you can't have everything and I got all my beautiful Grand children, that'll do me.

Take care My Love's
    cycie
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I think you still look great. What a pretty smile you have.

Kendra
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i got married this august and my grandparents who live over 200 miles away couldnt make it.

sooo i sent some pics over, my nan has had a series of mini strokes and was in hospital when she saw the pics.

she thought they were pics of my mum and said oh she got married again :)

mums married and divorced three times now. when it was explained it was me she had them put up all around her room.

thing is im 26 and mums 46.
  9. darude

darude New Member

Think ya look great!! REally I think we should all do this before and after pics.