Looked up gabatril, MADWOLF you are my hero!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, May 19, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am too tired right now to go into it all but I had an appt with Madwolf today (MY NEW & FOREVER HERO) and we changed a few things in my meds and I am so excited to get the rx for gabatril, pharm was out of it but I get it tomorrow.

I wish you all could move here to Western Wash so Madwolf could be all our doc.

Any others out there on gabatril rx???

Jaci
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

I sure wish Madwolf could do quick sprints to Southern Michigan too but .....so, what is the Gabitril for? Can't help you there, never heard of it. So what did you find out about your lump? Glad you had a good visit and a new hero; sometimes I think my doc. is on the enemy side, LOL!!
    love, Rebel
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

the Generic's, Tiagabine and Neurontin, they are for seizure's but they work for many to controll Pain.

Good Luck, and glad that Madwolf is able to Help you,
    Sincerely
    kredca4
  4. FM_DD

FM_DD New Member

Hi, I hope it works for you because it has really helped me with the shooting pains in my upper legs. I have had no side effects (that I know of!) and I take it at nite before bedtime. I had tried the neurotin but it made me sick to my stomach but not this! Good Luck!
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I take 3600 mgs a day(of course spread out thru the day) and it does help.
    Carlacat
  6. chuggie

chuggie New Member

Started on Neurontin couple of months ago and it seems to be helping the pain. But also, the weather here has started to improve after one of the worst winters in history. I'll see if the cold weather will bring the pain back in October/November. You take 3600 mg/day???? Gawd, I take only 300/day and am like a zombi for hours after I wake up. Just don't have a tolerance for drugs, 2 X-strength tylenol even makes me sleepy. Weird???
  7. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I tried this medication and it worked for 2 weeks. I was so happy that I had found something to help with the pain. But then the medicine quit working just like everything else I have tried. Good luck to you-I hope you have better luck than I did.
    Vicky
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I already take neurontin, it is different, this one induces stage 4 sleep among other things, please look it up on google.

Jaci
  9. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Gabitril is the Brand name, the generic is, Tiagabine, and in the Neurotin, the main generic ingredient is Gabapentin, and yes they are anticonvulsant Meds.

I never had any relief from it, but there are Others who do, so I wish you Luck and hope it works for you, as they say, "A Rose By Any Other Name is Still a Rose" or something like that. ;o]

sincerely
    sharon
  10. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

My psychiatrist has been perscribing Gabitril for my mild case of bipolar, atleast that's what he said. At my second visit with him, he told me that he thought I suffered from fm too. I didn't realize until I found this board, that it was used to treat fm patients for pain and sleeping problems. No reason I feel so much better! I must point out, that I don't suffer from severe, chronic pain as alot of you. I am still able to function in the "work world". My biggest problem is my neck pain,"foggy memory", and fatigue. I have noticed lately that my shoulder pain and numbness in that area is getting much better. I am also using supps for Candida.
  11. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Hi old friend. Sent you an e-mail at home . not sure if it's still good. need to know where and how to hook up with Madwolf. Things gone down hill since I broke my ankle Dec 4th. Still not back flying and new problems have appeared. See my posting on ganuloma.
    Thinking of you and sounds like you are doing great.
  12. LadyMT

LadyMT New Member

Where is western washington? Montana isn't that far away... I could take a drive. :)

Debbie
  13. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

HOw about if you email me & I will send you his phone ### and address, it is really easy to find his office.

onthegreen@owt.com

Jaci