Looking for a doctor in San Diego

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homebod, Jun 18, 2008.

1. homebod

homebod New Member

Does anyone who lives in the San Diego area have a good doctor they can recommend to me?

2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'm up in North County. Moved here a year ago. I still drive to Los Angeles to see my PCP and Pain Drs. I haven't yet found anyone down here. I've seen a surgeon for my Gallbladder removal and an Endocrinologist for high calcium and low blood sugar. I have gotten a couple of names from them but I haven't checked into them yet. Finding a new Dr is so stressful and you never know what you'll get in terms of attitude when you mention CFS or FM.

I don't have any help for you but wanted to say HI and will keep an eye out for any replies you get=)

3. ulala

ulala New Member

check out annade's post in the thread
    Anyone treated Holtorf Med Group with success? started by brainfoggy.

Annade just posted about a great doctor that she found in San Diego. I think his mame is Dr. Gersten.
  4. annade

annade New Member

I did post on another thread about a CFIDS doctor I just started working with. His name is Dr. Gersten and he is in Encinitas. He is a board certified psychiatrist, neurologist and does a lot of work with alternative treatments, especially amino acids. If interested go to his website aminoacidpower.com and he has loads of info there.

Since I just started working with him (2 months ago) I cannot say if his treatment will help me yet. I had to do an extensive panel of tests and I just finished the last lab a few weeks ago. My followup with Dr. G is next week and I will post about my visit with him. I hope this is helpful to you.