Looking for a doctor in South Orange Co, CA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pianwriter, Mar 27, 2006.

1. pianwriter

pianwriter New Member

Just saw my neurologist today and not going back. he said that there is no treatment for Fibroymyalgia so "You are onyour own." I had a good doctor (family doctor) but he went on a six month leave and the clinic says that they don't know if he is coming back. After having FMs for 35 years, he was the only one to diagnose it and now he is gone.
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Although I have CFS only and not FM. If you're interested in trying something like that, his name is Michael Slezak, ND, and the office is called The Seven Arrows. It's off Alicia and the 5 freeway, about a 20 min. drive from where I used to live (in SC in south O.C.). Bummer is that my insurance won't cover him, but he's not as pricey as other places and the homeopathic remedies he usually prescribes are not too steep in cost. I tried a few PCP types in the area over the years and wasn't happy with anyone, although that was awhile ago now. The good thing is I have a very sensitive system, and while I react to almost any OTC or prescription med, I've been able to tolerate homeopathic/natural remedies and supplements from his office much better.

Best of luck to you in finding a new practioner.
    C.
  3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Office is 949.206.9090. Sorry! :)