Looking for a doctor in Wiiliamsburg, VA area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ewaroy, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ewaroy

ewaroy New Member

I have recently discovered, that my doctor is not a true believer of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and i am in search of a new physician, who would be able to treat my condition without reservation. I live in Williamsburg, Virginia, but am willing to travel a short distance, such as Newport News or Richmond.

Thank you,

Ewa
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just see my family doc (Dr. Donn Cobaugh). I don't know of anyone as of yet who lives in Williamsburg, that I have met on this board yet.

Grlfrmnc (Helen) lives in Hampton, VA, but I haven't seen her on the board for a long time.

If you are interested in more info on my family doc, just let me know. They are very picky about what kind of insurance they take and right now they don't take ours anymore as of 7/1/05. They don't take new Medicare patients, but they take Cigna HMO, Healthkeepers, a lot of the BC/BS policies.

What type of insurance do you have? Their phone number is 804-748-9071.
    They open at 8 AM and close at 5 PM. They have Saturday hours from 9 to 12 for urgent care only.

Wish I could be of more help to you. I would think you should be able to find someone closer to you than my area, though.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. grlfrmnc

grlfrmnc New Member

I go to The Center For Arthritis And Rheumatic Diseases in Norfolk. I see Dr. Julianne Orloski.I really like her. My family doctor refered me to this group. There are several doctors in this group and I've heard good things about Dr. Denio and Dr. Lidman also.They also have an office in Chesapeake. My family Dr. said this is the only group he felt comfortable refering me to.
    My neighbor has arthritis and goes to Dr. Stephen Plotnick in Va Beach.She really likes him and said that he specializes in Fibromyalgia.
    Helen
  4. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

I saw a wonderful rhumey who left on maternity leave and never came back. i saw her partner who i would NOT recommend. His name is neil sullivan. he about laughed me out of the room. i may check out dr. plotnik or the other ones stated above.

i come over to the outlets, and my daughter's roommate lives in glouster!

warmly,
    maggie