Looking for a Doctor near Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sweetskp, Mar 25, 2007.

1. sweetskp

sweetskp New Member

I just moved from Vegas to Charlotte and need to find a new doctor, anyone have a GREAT one???
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2007]
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Have you looked at the purple tabs above and searched for drs there? Goood resource for us!

Also, if you change your post title (see edit under your username) to include the area, you'll get a lot more responses.

Happy hunting and good luck!

findmind
  3. sweetskp

sweetskp New Member

Thank you for your suggestions---I did edit with location.
    I checked purple tab out but no Dr names. Went to support group in area but Dr there did not take insurance.
    Thanks again!!
  4. debhun

debhun New Member

There is a lot of Pain drs in Charlotte. I went to ask.com and there was quite a few. But none where I live. Found 1 2 hours away will try them.

Welcome to NC
    Deb
  5. sweetskp

sweetskp New Member

yES i WOULD LIKE the name of your pain Mgt Dr. I actually live in Belmont. I am allergic to most all pain meds---and only take Ultram, Celebrex and injections. My Dr in Vegas is great and I've been going out to see him once a month but really need to find someon closer. I met Dr Lapp and liked him alot but not do-able as I need to use my insurance. Thank you for your reply.
  6. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Dr Glenn McCain is good. But he doesn't prescribe narcotics. If you arent already taking narcs you would really like him!

7. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Glenn McCain is a good doc. He works at Presbyterian Rehabilitation Center in Charlotte. They also have a WONDERFUL Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program that is wonderul. I have fibro and went through the program and feel it has help me very much. My insurance covered it.

Good Luck!
    Eliza Jane

8. dc1980

dc1980 New Member

The is a website that I found about on one of the message boards here and it might help you in selecting a good doctor. It is call www.ratemds.com

Good luck!!!

dc
  9. sweetskp

sweetskp New Member

Thank you - I will check him out.