Looking for a Dr. in Chico, Ca. Area

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hello All,
    Well I'm putting out the call again. My Dr., although he is a nice guy, has shortened his visits to 7 minutes, doesn't call me after serious tests, and every year, now for the past 3 or 4 years, there have been serious mistakes in my prescriptions.

He is not aggressive in trying to find out why I need oxygen at night, and never addresses either my bone marrow infection, CFIDS, or Fibro, with me.

I'm hoping that maybe someone knows of a good Dr. in the Chico, California, area. I actually live in Paradise, which is 20 minutes up the mountain from Chico. Chico is near Durham, and Red Bluff, but other areas, like Nevada city, Grass Valley, Sacramento and Redding are all too far for me to drive.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Terry
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Bumping.
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope this finds you doing well. As you know, I lived in
    Chico for 13 years and I might suggest that you contact
    Joe Chiapello down there. He is an R&A man I believe and
    is quite well thought of in the community!

Have a good weekend Terry!
    Sister Mary Gregory is on a Neuvina this weekend so I'm
    In charge of the Porchlight until her return!

Take Care!
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry Terry> I gave you the wrong last name of that Doc
    in Chico. It's Joe Chiapella. "Brane Frog"
    again.

Sorry Terry!
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I can't help you any, but when I saw Chico, CA, I just had to tell you that my very best childhood friend moved to Chico when we were just starting junior high school. I'm 55 now.

Her name is Dr. Judy Bordin. I have never been to Chico to visit, but her husband's name is David and they live on an almond ranch. She has a daughter, Melissa, and a son David -- both adults.

By any chance do you know them?????!!!!!!!!

She is a professor at the university.

It would be soooooooooo cool if you knew her!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

MR. DAD, Thanks, I've heard of Dr. Chiapella beore, although not too favorably. This was from a person who has Lupus. Can you tell me any more about him? I did go to Dr. Sing, who I believe, is an associate of his. Dr. Sing tried to convince meto take a medication that almost killed me once,and was very patronizing, and evasive, so I stopped going to him.

Dear Janet, No, I'm sorry, I don't know your friend. I only know 3 or 4 people fromm Chico, as I only go "down the hill" for major shopping, or to the Dr.. Sorry.

Thnks for your responses.
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Spoke with my friend in Chico last nite in order to ver-
    ify the spelling of Joe's last name. I really don't know
    him professionally just indirectly through my friend.
    With Docs, we here positives and negatives on all of them
    it seems. Maybe you could give him a try and if he doesn't
    seem to work for you,just move on. It is very difficult
    to find Professional's who understand or believe these
    illnesses are a reality. Mosttimes are options seem to
    be limited. For a "rural" area, Butte Co. is medically
    better equipted than most yet still lacks the understand-
    of these problems. (??)

Best Wishes,
    MRDAD
  8. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi.
    Thanks for the idea. Davis is too far for me to go. It's over one and a half hours away.

As far as I know, there is no university hospital in Chico. There is a huge hospital complex spread all through the town, but it isn't a university hospital. I'll check to be sure, though.

Thanks,
    Terry

9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    Yes, people still swim there, and the water is clean and lovely. My friends take theur dog in the summertime, and many people take advantage of the ceek. I don't know if that littls dam is still there, but the clear, fresh water is.

Terry
  10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I called our local hospital and they don't make referrals. They did give me a phone number of a group that does make refrerrals, but there, they could only look down a list and read Dr's names with their degree initials behind them. They know nothing else about them, ..In fact, they new nothing. A Fifth Grader could do their job very well.

Do I sound annoyed? I guess I'll just continue to muddle along like I have. Thank God for my Chinese Herbalist/Acuuncturist. He's keeping me mobile.

Peace,
    Terry
  11. pokeyoo

pokeyoo New Member

hello my name is kellie and I live in magalia I see the best dr her name is dr barbara mclaughin she treats me for fibro not only does she belive in it but she will manage your pain I love this women she has help me in more ways then one I aiso think of her as my friend she is easy to talk to and very underatanding and I have sent many people to her please call her 530)877-2281 and her secretary is great to hope this helps kellie
  12. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Thanks ever so much. Do you think she will take me? I see Dr. Vance in Paradise, and I've noted that when other doctors find this out, they won't take me.

I'll look her up, and give it a try. Oh, and can you tell me her attitude regarding herbs, supplements and nutrition?

Thanks, again,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2006]