Looking for a few close CFS friends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ArgyrosfeniX, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

Hello All,

There are so many people on this site! It has become overwhelming to try and find someone to become close friends / morale boosters with. Because of that, I thought I would post a little about myself and see if anyone shares similar interests along with the CFS.

I am a 34 y/o married male that works close to full time as an RN in an Emergency Department. I've had symptoms of CFS for 18 years now, but have been lucky to be a mild to moderate case. I love being on the internet and do some volunteer website building/management for fun. Haven't been religious, but am looking closely at the general theme of Buddhism & meditation.

[edited to remove personal info per rules]

Thanks all for checking out this post...
    ((hugs))
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Argy,
    I LOVE the name of your blog!!! I do hope you get a good response. Unfortunetly, I haven't been able to be on the web that much, or participate in the Yahoo groups I belong to because my mom is dying of cancer, and I've had to run back and forth from WY to CA for the last 4 mo's.

This has left me completely drained, and not much company. I'll look for you when I'm here tho. Hope things are going well for you.

Take care,
    kbak

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

post this on the Chit Chat message board, as well.

From my profile, you can see I'm in a bit of a different situation from you. Also, I'm female, single, and in my forties.

There are men on here, though guys are outnumbered. There are also a RNs, as well as people with your interests.

Of course, now that I know you, I'll look for your posts, but I suspect you're searching for buddies to hang out with in cyberspace.
  4. 6cats

6cats New Member

Hey there and welcome to the board!! Im 42 Married with an 18 yr old son and my 6 cats, hence the name >^^<. I am on disability now but used to work full time from the time I was 18 on.

Im on the net alot. I too have floundered a bit in the religion area but found my calling more in the Pagan/Druidism area...I just feel at peace with it... I love meditation, I think it is a great thing to practice. I also believe in the healing power of stones and crystals.

Im also a computer game geek...and I have my own website as well for dolls as I like to repaint them and make clothing etc etc. Of course not all days do I feel like that... I also play rpg on line gaming, kind of a fun way to get away from it all and it is amazing how many people play that are disabled in some way or another...

Anyways I am blabbering, welcome aboard!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2007]
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I will check out your blog for sure! I was mild to moderate for 4 years, and then went full blown. :( I actually had a period of remission and thought I had beaten the darn thing. I am fairly certain I *obtained* CFS thru a blood transfusion. Well, it saved my life, but funny how something that is "luck of the draw" changed my life that day.

I do live by a higher power~ there have been too many things that have happened in my life that have shown me I am not floating thru this thing alone.

You did not say if you have children or pets. My kids give me the strength to go on every day. Because I am not just living for myself.

(((hugs)))
    Bunny
  6. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

"I will check out your blog for sure!" - Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

"I was mild to moderate for 4 years, and then went full blown. :( I actually had a period of remission and thought I had beaten the darn thing." - I practically live for my remissions. The first day of it is always so incredible!

"I am fairly certain I *obtained* CFS thru a blood transfusion. Well, it saved my life, but funny how something that is "luck of the draw" changed my life that day." - That is the reason why I have never even considered donating. I was positive that I might pass something on.

"I do live by a higher power~ there have been too many things that have happened in my life that have shown me I am not floating thru this thing alone." - I agree with this as well. While not religious, I do have my own spirituality and believe there is something more out there influencing things.

"You did not say if you have children or pets. My kids give me the strength to go on every day. Because I am not just living for myself." - I have a 7 y/o Step Daughter and a 2 y/o black cat along with my wife. Unfortunately, the wife's ex is a major part of our lives as he has primary custody and is a real slimeball...

"(((hugs))) Bunny" - Hugs back!!

Thank you kbak, DeborahLynn, mezombie (hug ;) & 6cats for welcoming me to the board. I look forward to interacting with you guys a great deal in the future.

Thanks too, to all of you out there that looked and just aren't up to writing. I know you're out there and want you to save your strength. Best wishes for a quick remission!
  7. EddieJ

EddieJ New Member

Name's Ed. I am 28 years old, a lawyer, with CFS since I was 21/2. I too have a moderate case and have it under control for the most part with meds and supplements. I get flare-ups from time to time but am one of the lucky 4-8% who recover almost completely. I live in DC and am looking for a friend with whom I can discuss the B.S. we deal with. Don't really know too many dudes with this condition who are close to my age. Hit me back with an e-mail if you'd like. [edited to remove email per rules]

Cheers!
  8. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

"Name's Ed. I am 28 years old, a lawyer, with CFS since I was 21/2." - Hey Ed. Email is on the way ;)

Thought I would post real quick and ask (for eveyone elses sake) about the 2 1/2 y/o start of this DD...

Thanks for posting!!
  9. kbak

kbak Member

Hummm. Where did I pick up this DD? Good question. I started working on an ambulance back in 1986, long before universal precautions. I also did relief work in Puerto Rico 2 different yrs.

PR has a very sick population, and even tho I was using 100% deet, I was still being bitten. I have a cat who is also immune surpressed. We both use alternative medicine. The biggest problem I've had with this, is that my brain is now mush.

I use to be a fairly intelligent person, but now come across as an idiot so many times. Life can be just to interesting.

I think the men have a harder time with this. I'm willing to bet that there are many more men out there with this DD, but because of the nature of guys :) it's not like a whole lot of them would be willing to fess up to having this.

So Take Care everyone,
    kbak
  10. ArgyrosfeniX

ArgyrosfeniX New Member

I too, think that are a lot more men out there than everyone thinks. Instead of admitting it, what lengths would they go to to get around it or prevent others from knowing? Alcoholism, Amphetamines, or something more socially acceptible like being a bum? ;)

(why is it that we have all these dancing and moving emoticons when posting a message? They have more energy than I do and I must say I'm rather jealous! :D )
  11. EddieJ

EddieJ New Member

Hey,

Sorry, but that should have read that I have had CFS since I was 21-22 years old. It was right after college (late 21 year old) but I was diagnosed when I was 22 years old.

Cheers. I look forward to your e-mail!

Ed