Looking for a gentle detox....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Nov 7, 2005.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

What are some gentle ways to detox? I'm researching this for my son, who I think could benefit from some cleansing. Any input will be welcome.....
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

What about Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, or lemon juice?

I drink the vinegar with hot water and honey.
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

I have always put organic lemon juice in my water but never noticed it made any difference. I just do it cuz I like the taste.

Lots of people say they use psyllium but I couldnt use it because instead of moving things along and out it stopped me up like a cork.

Chlorella is what I use and I saw a difference right away. I use Source Naturals Yaeyams Chlorells, 200mg tablets. Im up to 6 tablets 3 - 4 times a day. Usually 3 times a day. Empty stomach 30 min before breakfast and lunch and then at bedtime.

If I overeat a lot of almonds or almond butter I will take a few tablets with the food just so I dont get stopped up. This will be the ocassional 4th dose. It does the job

You can start out with one a day and slowly work up to see how you tolerate it. I intuitively knew I wasnt eliminating my system well so I was reabsorbing many toxins again cuz they were just sitting there. This makes me feel like I completely clean out my system every time I go potty and yet instead of looser stools it much better formed and compact.

Chlorella is especially good for eliminating heavy metals along with other toxins.

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. pepper

pepper New Member

What about UltraClear? It is expensive but you can regulate the strength of it. Start with 1 tsp in juice or water and increase it. Dandelion tea can work the same way. Start with a small amount and increase it. If he feels badly, you can go back to the previous amount.

Hope this helps.
    Pepper
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I do not know if sons do footbaths or not, but this is a detox that is very gentle. I am very sensitive, I hate that word, and so have to take care, but this is is ok. Soak your (his?) feet in a footbath with 1/2 cup epsons salt and 1/2 apple cider vinegar for about 10 minutes for about 7 days in a row. Be sure to wash all traces of the epsons salts and apple cider vinegar off the skin after each bath. I can only do this twice a week as it makes my symptoms worse because of the detox. We have hundreds more times more pores in the souls of our feet than on the rest of out skin and this footbath draws toxins, especially heavy metals, out through the skin and into the water. I like to put some lavender oil in mine to improve the smell. Good Luck. If your son does not want to try it, you might decide to pamper yourself and see how you feel?
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We're gonna try them! Thanks for writing....Terri