Looking for a good FM doctor in Houston, Texas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pattigaul, Oct 5, 2006.

1. pattigaul

pattigaul New Member

My mother and I both have FM and CFS. We need a good pain doctor in the Houston, Texas area. We need someone who understands FM and doesn't treat us like drug addicts. Please help us. pg
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I don't live in your area, but am bumping this back to the first page. You might also check the doctor referrals on this website to see if there is someone in your area.

Good luck.

Ellen
  3. jarjar

jarjar New Member

There is a support group in Houston that should be of some help. I know findmind on this board is big on Dr. Salvato. I have used her before for CFS but not for pain related FM problems.
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

did you call Dr. Salvato's office? She used to have an associate that moved her practice and she too may treat FM; she is an alternative practitioner, I think I remember.

Anyhow, I'm sure they can either help you or refer you, ok? Goooood people there.

Thanks, jarjar, for reminding me. How do you remember who has recommended what? I feel pretty lost trying to remember everyone and their thoughts about things!

findmind
  5. crisleem

crisleem New Member

I found Dr. Salvato through this group. She is so awesome. I highly recommend her. I found her through a wonderful nurse on this board who drives from the Dallas area. And I know another FM patient that also sees her. I didn't know she was her doctor till we happened to be talking.
    I think we all trust her 100%. She treats you so well and does understand how important pain control is. She monitors it all well too.
    I'm lucky I have super insurance. But even without I was surprised how affordable she was compared to the FM clinic in Salt Lake City.
    I'm in Houston temporarily, so I won't have her for long.
    But so far I'm very impressed. I was diagnosed in 99 but had many problems for years. All doctors treated me like I was insane. I even agreed at one point and started to see a psychiatrist. He found nothing mental to be the cause. Dr. Salvato sat down with me the first day after my initial exam and told me I was not insane, I was physically sick.
    She has linked mine to the Mono virus I had at 14 years old. I still test as if I have it full-blown. I'm taking Glutathione injections weekly. I think they are working...just mildly. But it has given me hope. I had almost given up that my life would always be this bad. I have not had a major flare-up since starting. That's great news.
    Look her up. She is in the Twelve Oaks Medical Tower on 59 near Weslyan.
    Good Luck!
    Crislee