Looking For a GP in Southwest Florida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Newswoman, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

After butting heads with my former GP, I am now looking for a new GP who has treated patients with fibromyalgia. Although my last GP was familiar with the ailment, his bedside manner left a lot to be desired.

I know it's a tall order, but I don't want another arrogant know-it-all who thinks that because they went to medical school, they're a god. It's okay if they don't have all the answers. I just want a doctor who is going to apart of a support system. I'll admit it. I can be a tough cookie. I'm not one to take crap from anyone, but at the end of the day...It's my body and my money.

If any of you on the board now of a good GP in Southwest Florida, I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

After butting heads with my former GP, I am now looking for a new GP who has treated patients with fibromyalgia. Although my last GP was familiar with the ailment, his bedside manner left a lot to be desired.

I know it's a tall order, but I don't want another arrogant know-it-all who thinks that because they went to medical school, they're a god. It's okay if they don't have all the answers. I just want a doctor who is going to apart of a support system. I'll admit it. I can be a tough cookie. I'm not one to take crap from anyone, but at the end of the day...It's my body and my money.

If any of you on the board now of a good GP in Southwest Florida, I would greatly appreciate it.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Kenneth Galang in Fort Myers gave a talk at the Cape Coral hospital and he really sounds as though he knows what he's talking about.

I see Dr. John Cossu who admits he knows nothing about our illnesses, but he has supported me in my requests for treatment, including the Doxycycline and Synthroid.

Good Luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I see Nancy Buthman ARNP at the Family Health Center on Gladiolus in Ft Myers. She's a wonderful, kind, and open women. I didnt' have to beg or be belittled about anything. Whatever I said she agreed with. She is knowledgable about CFS/Fibro. I had my daughter tested there last week for this. Havn't received the results yet.
    Good Luck
    Dawn
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I live very close to Gladiolus. We must be practically neighbors.

Love, Mikie
  6. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I appreciate it. I only have one more week before the health insurance kicks in. I will see if either one of these docotrs are in the group.

Thanks once again!