Looking for a little support - feeling a little beat up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I don't often create a post asking for support or help, but right now I feel like I've been through a tornado. My husband just left to go to the airport where he will board a flight with my two grandboys (ages 7 and 5) and take them home to their mommy and papa (our son and daughter-in-law). We have had them for two weeks. We picked them up 2 weeks ago and it's been full-time mommy-hood or I should say granny-hood every since. WHEW!!!! Exhausted doesn't even come close to how I feel.

Even though my husband spent a lot of time with them, I stil ended up pushing myself. My house is a wreck. I didn't want to waste my energy on housework while they were here. I had forgotten how noisy and challenging little boys can be ("he got one more blueberry than I did") YIKES!!!! I didn't want to be a grouchy grandma, so I held a lot inside and now I feel like I've been beat up.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am blessed to have healthy grandchildren. I just don't have the strength to keep up with them.

Thanks for listening,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2006]
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

sorry you feel so terrible, but glad you got to visit with the grank kids
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Two weeks! Yikes, you must be exhausted! Take your time getting your house in order. You need to rest after all that you've done! I'm sure those boys will go home and tell their Mommy and daddy how much fun they had with granma lolalee!
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

You've given those boys some memories they will never forget. That's a GOOD thing.

Now you need to do something just for YOU. Go out to a grown up restaurant, or better yet, order some nice take out and just veg out.

Leave the house dirty. Or can you hire someone to clean?

Right now you need to recuperate and regenerate some energy. Take a nice long bath with a good book. Calgon, take me away!!!
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Woman, I don't know how you have the strength to type. My granddaughters are older and I couldn't have them with me for two days. Of course I don't have a husband to help but still, it's a LOT of work and stress when you're not used to it. Bless you.

Marta
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I just love you guys.

Blessedmom2four, Twinma, Mollystwin,Marta, Fight (maybe) I noticed that you all have children and/or grandchildren so I'm sure you could relate.

I will take your words and advice to heart. My first inclination was to clean up the messy house. But for now I won't, thanks to your advice.

Twinma, my grandboys have twin sisters. They are still too young (age 3) to be away from mommy for long. I'm sure that one day soon they will want to come visit.

Just want to share what the youngest grandson said the other day...he really enjoyed being with us and he said that he wanted to stay with us until it was time to go and be with God....from the mouth of babes!

I think I'll go to the library, to Blockbuster and then buy a nice steak for dinner and enjoy the quiet....that's if I have the energy to do all that.

LOL....I might just enjoy the quiet with a bowl of cereal.

Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Lolalee
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You are so right. My husband doesn't notice when the house is messy. Yesterday he printed a document and when he looked over at the printer he noticed it was covered with dust. He thought all that dust was because the kids were running around and kicking up dust. I told him that he never noticed dust on the printer before because I always dust and it's always clean. He looked at me with a strange look. So the house really needs to get messy and dirty for him to notice.

I just laugh. I know he will help clean, but I have to ask him to. It is not something that comes naturally to him. He will wash dishes, though.

Anyway, I don't know why I got into all that. I am going to take everyone's advice and just relax.

Bless you all,

Lolalee
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

air and relax....time to dewind....

jodie
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

You must be exhausted. I don't have any kids, but after just a couple of hours around my little nephew makes me nervous and tired feeling. I know you must be pooped. You better take a relaxing soak in the tub and rest for a few days, as I am sure you are in a terrible flare. Hope that you are feeling better soon. HUGS!!!!!

Kriket
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I have been relaxing all evening. I did go out and pick up some movies and a steak.

I am starting to feel really awful. You know how we just keep on pushing when there are things we have to do and don't take the time to even think about how we feel. Then we finally get to a point where we can stop and all the aches and pains we have ignored come crashing down on us. I can feel myself going into a flare. I'm even feeling nauseous. OK I need to lay down now.

Thanks all for your kind words and support.

Lolalee
  11. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I have 3 coming..same age plus a two year old for two weeks in July..Thank heavens, I have the mommy, my darling DIL, too!

I can't wait...

You will rest up and wish they were back!

Jana
  12. intensemom

intensemom New Member

I just wanted to say that you're an AWESOME Gramma!!!

I love my mom very much...but she is healthy and it is asking a lot of her to keep my two girls...ages 8 and 10 for one night; let alone 14 days!!!

So I think you're amazing! I hope I can be a Granny just like you!

Take a hot detox bath and get a good nights sleep! YOur house will still be there tomorrow!!

Tracy

13. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Lolalee- you have good cause to be exhausted. I know how busy little boys are, but your attention will be remembered for a lifetime. I will never forget my grandma and the one on one attention she gave me. She taught me many things and I feel very blessed to have had the time with her. Even now in my 50's I think of her fondly.
    That is how you will be for them.
    I agree, don't worry about the house, there will always be messes to clean up, now you need to just rest and relax
    for a few days.
    Nanna