LOOKING FOR A LOCAL FMS PARTNER TO WALK WITH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CBUG, Jan 22, 2003.

1. CBUG

CBUG New Member

I LIVE IN MONTEREY CALIFORNIA. I HAVE FMS AND JUST STARTED TRAINING AT THE GYM. I WANTED TO FIND SOMEONE TO WALK WITH ON MY OFF DAYS SO I DON'T LOSE MY DRIVE TO FEELING BETTER. EVERY THING I READ TELLS ME TO EXERCISE, WELL IT'S HARD TO DO ALONE - I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS LIKE THAT... ANY WHO I HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO LIVES HERE. AND IF NOT GO AHEAD AND SAY HI - I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANYONES THOUGHTS ON HEALTHY EATING OR ABOUT THE GYM AND EXERCISE HABBITS..... TAKE CARE, CRIS
  2. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Sorry, but I WILL NOT walk to Monterey, CA. I'd kill myself!

~LISA from Olympia, Wa.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm a former neighbor! I just moved from Aptos, CA, to Kansas (they tell me it's the Heartland..) a few months ago! Snow here today!

I loved the Monterey Peninsula----belonged to the Aquarium, my daughter was on a swim team & went to a lot of meets in Seaside and Monterey. We used to drive down to Carmel on a Sunday & walk around-----except in Carmel, we always said, you don't walk; you "saunter"......

I wish I had friends in Monterey to hook you up with for walking; everyone I know is in the Santa Cruz area. But I agree, you are more likely to walk consistently with a partner. Good luck, I hope you find someone. I need to do the same thing here in Kansas!

Take care, & say Hi to the ocean for me (I miss it!),
    Pam
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

walking partner, but that's a bit far from New Orleans! Hope you find one.

Karen
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

You will be helping a homeless animal by getting him exercise and making him more adoptable because he won't be so stressed out. Most shelters are begging for volunteers. You can pretty much pick your days and hours.
    Kathryn
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Cris, welcome to our world. Like Karen said, its a bit far from me too! I am in Ponchatoula Louisiana, in fact, its a good fifty miles from Karen!

Kathryn had a great idea, do go to the human society, and walk the dogs.
    Who knows? you may want to adopt one and have a walking partner whenever you feel like exercising, not to mention the best friend in the world is a dog!

I have five dogs, and except for one, all were throw-a-ways, the last one I got I found in a Supermarket, she followed me around the store, I tried to find an owner, but no one would claim her, so I put her in my tot bag and took her home, that was about four months ago, no regrets, I love her, and I named her Penny!

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2003]
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

What a great idea! I think I'll check into that. I'm a dedicated cat person these days (2 adopted shelter cats) but I had dogs growing up. Great idea for some good exercise & a way to lend a helping hand!

Hugs,
    Pam