Looking for a pain clinic or doctor in VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ThinkPostive, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ThinkPostive

ThinkPostive New Member

I live near richmond virginia however I will travel as I need help and I dont seem to getting to the right people who can help me. My primary is trying however wont prescribe anything for pain. My Rhemy does prescrib Tramadol and I am thankful for that.

I am unable to continue looking at my house as it is very dirty. I hurt and have no engery to clean.

Please help me if you can,

Cheri
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hello,

My husband's mother had M.S. real bad many years ago. I know he had to drive her from IL to VA to see a doctor who would be willing to help. I will see if my husband still has that doc's info.

your friend,
    Fungirl
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I have a great one in Annapolis Maryland. Is that too far for you? He is really good. Let me know.
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. jackrorabbit

jackrorabbit New Member

Its about 1 1/2 hours from I-95 I-64 interchange.
  5. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

The closest I have is Northern VA, and metro Maryland. :eek:/ if you want them though, let me know!

And could you get some help to clean your house? We have a nice independent cleaning lady who comes in and helps us with the heavy cleaning that is too hard for me to do, and its not too expensive.

Sorry you're hurting, and I hope you can find someone to work with you soon.

P.S. - Have you looked at the Co-Cure 'Good Doctors List'? Here's the listing for VA..

http://www.co-cure.org/USA_VA.htm
  6. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I live near Annopolis, is it a Doctor or Pain clinic there.I would be very interested to know!

Thank you!
  7. ThinkPostive

ThinkPostive New Member

and thoughts on this. I will take any name or phone numbers you may have and call for appointments.

I believe I can afford someone to come in and clean but how do you get over the fact that I cannot do it myself. Should I just forget about doing myself and just bite the bullet?

Thanks,
    Cheri
  8. jackrorabbit

jackrorabbit New Member

Just pick your fights. If you are blessed enough to afford a maid, that is one less stress and one less tax to your energy supply. Just accept it and enjoy the fact that the house is clean. As for a doctor mine is Dr. Audet in Weyers Cave # 540-234-0080. He is one that will try anything and doesn't give up easily. I actually get 4 real hours of sleep now thanks to his work.
  9. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Cheri - It is a little awkward at first to get used to someone else helping out, but it really is SO helpful, and once you do it for the first time, and come out a couple hours later with a beautifully clean house, you'll just be so happy, you'll forget about feeling guilty for not doing it yourself. We still do the light housework around here, and just have a lady come in to do heavy things like vaccumming, scrubbing down bathrooms, mopping the floors, etc., that are very painful for me to do. And the lady that cleans is so sweet and kind, she always asks how I'm feeling and she's always like 'Go, go rest!'. So you shouldn't feel like someone is going to begrudge doing the work either. The women who cleans is originally from Peru, and she can get more done in 2 hours, then my whole family could get done in a day, and she's very reasonable about prices.
  10. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thinkpositive and nightngale....
    Are we allowed to give out phone #'s? I hope so... this is a Pain Management Doctor at Physical Medicine and Pain Management in Annpolis, Maryland: Dr. Tham... 410/266-2700.

Best of Luck to you all.
  11. nightngale

nightngale New Member

I think you are allowed to, I have seen it before on the forum. But if my appt. doesn't go well with new rheumy tomorrow or he wants me to go eleswhere that would be near, if my ins. works with them. Thanks again. It is so hard to find a good Doc.
  12. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

she's in western va. her name is Dr. Anita Dotson.

I can get more info if you like. Not sure where you are in VA. But she cared for my mother-in-law with M.S. while no other doc any closer IL

thanks,
    fungirl ;)
  13. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

You need to check with your insurance & most doc's need a referral if they are pain docs that will 99.99% be a yes they need a referral.

thanks,
    fungirl

P.S.-doctors rely on word of mouth to get new patients!! So, dont be afraid...just like a hairstylist or a store it's word of mouth that drops people in. Doctor's are not ROBOTS, though some may act like one ;)
    If your doctor is see one with a warmer bedside manner makes all the difference in the world trust me..[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]