Looking for a recipe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by caffey, Dec 15, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there: I am looking for an easy with the emphasis on easy turkey stuffing recipe. Thanks.
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I like it dry, so make sure to keep opening of bird out of the juice, and avoid the area when basting. REDWILLOW's recipe sounds great and alot like mine, although I've been known to throw in a few extras when We want a change. Depending on what you have & your tastes you can add
    Cooked Italian sausage or ground beef
    Sliced sauteed mushrooms
    Raisins or Craisins
    Chopped apple
    Cranberries frozen
    Minute rice
    The list goes on, Good luck on your endevor! Laura

3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I like the idea about the stove top stuffing mix.

I'd saute some celery and onions and then add my water(or a can of chicken broth). This mixture can set in the pan until you need to make the dressing. Then add the stove top stuffing and fluff with a fork.

There are so many additional things you can add from browned, well drained pork sausage
    Dried cranberries

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Personally speaking I agree with the Stove Top being the easiest and the best. There are 2 or 3 girls at my work that swear they each make the best stuffing so they bring it to the Thanksgiving feast we have each year...so it ends up being kind of a competion and every year I think to myself that they each put so much work chopping, and slicing and simmering everything and to me Stove Top tastes a million times better. You can always Dr it up a bit with your own fresh celery and other things but it holds up the best without being mushy.

Happy Holidays!
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Everyone. Now you all are making me hungry. Stove top sounds like it is something I can't screw up.
  6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Fluff with a fork and don't JAM it into a turkey cavity. If you fluff the stuffing with a fork and remember to just lightly put it into the cavity (not jam it to pack the largest quantity into the bird), you will be fine.
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

I went out a bought a box of stuffing and some raisins. Sounds pretty simple. Thanks for your help. You are all my kind of people. I firmly believe in the KISS priniciple to everything.
    I-IT LOL.