Looking for a Sanitizer gel or

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

something similar for senistive skin. At work they want everyone to use it to cut down on the cold & flu germs. Unfortunately, the kind they have at work either makes me break out in a rash and also I can taste it within a few minutes of using it.

Any ideas? Even if it was something easy to make--just so I had it on my desk.

Thank you!!!
  2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Have you considered using Cetaphil? It's more like a soap than a gel, but it's made to be used without water, because water encourages dryness as do alot of the sanitizing gels, which contain alcohol. Cetaphil promotes moisture in the skin, cleanses, and is dye-free and odorless. Always recommended by dermatologists, Cetaphil is truly an excellent product.

3. Olderbutwiser

Olderbutwiser New Member

It has been prescribed for dry itching skin, psoriasis (sp?) and for anyone who has to wash their hands umpteen times a day. I get a rash under my rings and this really helps me out. The moisturizing cream is fragrance free and wonderful for anyone like me who gets migraines from those fragranced, soaps and lotions.

I do love the scent of almond though and use that almond massaging oil after showers to keep my skin soft. Lavender sends me off the deep end because I am allergic to it and the plants. So I have to be careful what I buy otherwise I end up giving it all away.

Hugs to those who need one.
  4. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitive) so what ever I use has to be "safe" for me and I like Hands 2 Go. http://www.waterjourney.com/ I bought mine at Amazon.com
  5. Olderbutwiser

Olderbutwiser New Member

I also suffer with multiple chemical sensitivity so understand where you are coming from. I either itch, throat feels scratchy or migraine headaches set in. Shopping in the detergent aisles is left to my hubby.
    Thanks for the tip.
  6. mom2many

mom2many New Member

Let's try to get some active going on the MCS board here, I see we only have 1 post there and I replied to it.
    Hope to see you over there :)