Looking for a study on Fibromyalgia and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Terry2002cal, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Terry2002cal

Terry2002cal New Member

Does anyone know of a study in or near Los Angeles. I would like to get into one.
  2. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

check with UCLA. I know UCSF is running ongoing studies on FMS, so maybe you can hook into that at a local level.

Good luck,
    Copper Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry it took so long for me to welcome you to the board. This board moves so fast sometimes, its hard to keep up with everyone.

You can contact the Arthritis Foundation for a study, they will be able to tell you where there is one in your area.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope you visit us often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I copied this from the Immune Support Library, and it has some sources for trials and studies. Best wishes, LL

How Do You Find Appropriate Trials?

Until recently the standard way to learn of trials was through your treating physician. But not all doctors are able to keep up with ongoing research. Another more effective way to learn of trials is by contacting organizations that deal with your condition.

For those with CFS or FM several organizations track ongoing studies (see list below). Three organizations have been designated and funded by the U.S. government to study CFS in particular. These are led by Dr. Benjamin Natelson in New Jersey, Dr. Dedra Buchwald in Washington and Dr. Nancy Klimas in Miami. You can check the web sites for these research centers or contact them by phone.

Other web sites with trial listings are the CFIDS Association of America. Those with fibromyalgia can check with The American Fibromyalgia Association, or the National Fibromyalgia Partnership.

Web sites that attempt to track studies for numerous conditions, at times also list trials involving FM or CFS. A couple of such services are ClinicalTrials(dot gov)and CenterWatch. Besides typing in fibromyalgia or "chronic fatigue syndrome" in the search features of those sites, be sure to search for related problems you suffer from. These could include headaches, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, pain, etc. Thus, if there's not a fibromyalgia study close by, you may still qualify for nearby trial specific to one of your more troubling symptoms. You can also sign up to be alerted when studies pertaining to your condition or symptoms may be initiated in your area in the future.