Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carolannwestern, Aug 13, 2008.

1. carolannwestern

carolannwestern New Member

I am looking for a support group in the Alma, MI area. I called the hospital and they told me that their wasn't one. I remember a friend from work going to one about two or three years ago. If anyone knows of one please let me know. I think it would help me a lot to go to one, I don't know of anyone that has FM in the area. I am talking with a theripist and they don't know of one in the area.
  2. glenpr

glenpr New Member

carol, I know this is not what you are looking for, but, a few of us with this illness get together and chat at yahoo messenger. I sure helps me. If you are interested get the yahoo messenger and let me know, I can add you.
    love glen
  3. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi I come here fairly often and do some visiting on chat room. You mentioned a support group on yahoo messenger. I have yahoo messenger and a mic. I would be interested if you would be. I am 61, have CFS, FM, MCS, migraines.......
    I am not sure how we exchange emails. Have done it in a chat room before?? Penny
  4. glenpr

glenpr New Member

We are not supposed to post stuff like that here!!!! I am on yahoo with a nic and email that is the same, I will end this post with my other nic!!!! I am 58 also with what you have. If you send an email try and name it so I wont delete it as I have so many that I do not usually open the spam stuff but will look for yours or you can add me to the messenger. I will go there now and delete my spam.

[This Message was Edited on 08/17/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2008]
  5. Malcolm82

Malcolm82 New Member

...and it can be yours, too!

I can't drive, and before I found this board I was looking for a support group. Alas, they are all too far away.

Then I found this board. I think it is better than a face to face support group because:

1. We can "talk" to each other any time we want!

2. Several people that know exactly what you are going through
    are here for you 24/7!

3. We may not see each other face to face, but I think some
    people, myself included, open up more on these boards than
    we would face to face, and that is a healthy thing.

4. It's free! (no gas used)

There are a lot more advantages, but I think you get my drift.

I'm so glad I found this board. You all have helped me already more than I can express!!