Looking for an LLMD in NJ/NY

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ScottInCalifornia82, May 9, 2008.

1. ScottInCalifornia82

ScottInCalifornia82 New Member

I am looking for an LLMD in the NJ/NY/PA/DE area. I've had a lot of bad experiences with doctors and likewise I'm looking for someone who really knows what they're talking about and will really take a close look at my individual case.

If you would like to hear more about my story you can look at my last post on this board.

I will only consider going to a doctor who is personally recommended by other patients.

Thanks,

Scott
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL -

anyway, if you go to the post about protocols etc you'll find some places to go for referrals.

Best place imho, and how I found my son's doctor, was thru
    http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi
    -2nd heading is about finding a doctor.

If you post there, people will contact you privately with recommendations and personal experiences. The actual names are generally not posted online or talked about because of the political controversies.

I found this tremendously helpful as 5 different people from Atlanta metro area told me in private messages to forget about Atlanta as they'd wasted time and money, and just take him to one of the top LLMDs who happened to be in an adjoining state!

good luck,
    Victoria
  3. ScottInCalifornia82

I will take your advice.

By the way, I actually live in CA right now but I plan on moving back to NJ in about two months.

Scott
  4. amk33

amk33 New Member

There are 3 that I know of. I have been to two, and would recommend them both. The other is highly recommended on Lymenet. I would definately check there because people can Private Message you with the doctor's names. If you post there, I will send you the names.
  5. wld285

wld285 New Member

I have an appoint. with one in NY that is suppossed to be excellent. I'm keltyl on Lymenet. You could e-mail me.

Linda
  6. ScottInCalifornia82

Thanks for the information. I'm definitely going join lymenet at some point and will contact you.

It'll probably be few months before I actually make an appointment with an LLMD. But I am starting to research things now so if anyone else has any suggestions I would certainly like to hear them.

Scott
  7. wld285

wld285 New Member

Good luck on the insurance thing. The one I am going to in Manhattan now takes my insurance, but certainly isn't treating the lyme correctly.

After much research, I found the only way to get proper treatment is to spend alot of money. My insurance will only cover a small portion. Alot of things in my life are put on hold because of this. Just have to hope I am doing the right thing.

Linda
  8. Junegal

Junegal New Member

Can you please tell me the name of the doctor in Manhattan that you go to for Lyme disease? I have been diagnosed with CFS but have never had a formal Lyme workup and am wondering if that is really what is wrong with me.

Thank you.