Looking for anyone that has experienced nose problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tenderlove, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Tenderlove

Tenderlove New Member

Hey everyone my name is Tenderlove and I have a very serious problem that has all my doctors stumped. I started having nose bleeds and then it turned into a hole inside my nose to explain what it's like let's just say I could put a wishbone in my nose or any small bone. When I got out the flash light and looked inside the cartilage was very red and angry looking the hole had a edge that looked like a ulceration and it hasn't stopped no matter what I do. When I have this breakout my fingers also around the nails get infected and are so painful I can't even begin to describe the pain. It's like someone took all the nerve ending off and they are screaming. One dermatogist in Raleigh, NC took a sample and told me it was staph, then later strep, so my medical doctors sends me to Duke Hosptial's ENT doctor. He took a larger biopsy of the tissue and told me it showed nothing. I ask what do you mean nothing, this has eaten my middle of my nose away except the very front tip the rest is gone, there is no way I could ever hold my breath again underwater due to nothing there but a big hole, can someone please let me know if they have any clues or are going through the same. The one thing that can cause this is years of sucking drugs like cocaine up your nose but I have never use any kind of illegal drugs for any reason, and the doctors know that it was normal at my last physical in Sept 2001. So they don't think there is any correlation. And I know there isn't. Thanks for your help. Later, Tenderlove
  2. Tenderlove

Tenderlove New Member

Hey everyone my name is Tenderlove and I have a very serious problem that has all my doctors stumped. I started having nose bleeds and then it turned into a hole inside my nose to explain what it's like let's just say I could put a wishbone in my nose or any small bone. When I got out the flash light and looked inside the cartilage was very red and angry looking the hole had a edge that looked like a ulceration and it hasn't stopped no matter what I do. When I have this breakout my fingers also around the nails get infected and are so painful I can't even begin to describe the pain. It's like someone took all the nerve ending off and they are screaming. One dermatogist in Raleigh, NC took a sample and told me it was staph, then later strep, so my medical doctors sends me to Duke Hosptial's ENT doctor. He took a larger biopsy of the tissue and told me it showed nothing. I ask what do you mean nothing, this has eaten my middle of my nose away except the very front tip the rest is gone, there is no way I could ever hold my breath again underwater due to nothing there but a big hole, can someone please let me know if they have any clues or are going through the same. The one thing that can cause this is years of sucking drugs like cocaine up your nose but I have never use any kind of illegal drugs for any reason, and the doctors know that it was normal at my last physical in Sept 2001. So they don't think there is any correlation. And I know there isn't. Thanks for your help. Later, Tenderlove
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

this type of lesion is soomewhat common in lupus.... have they checked your ana's and compliments?? if not tell them to do it asap! Good luck!
  4. Tenderlove

Tenderlove New Member

what is ana's and the other thing you mentioned. Thanks for the reply. Tenderlove

[ advertisement ]