Looking for articles on lamictal for cfs and klonopin for neuro symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cisasnaps, Oct 23, 2011.

1. cisasnaps

cisasnaps Member

I am going to talk to my doctor about possibly starting lamictal tomorrow and I can only find very brief references to it's use in cfs. Can anyone steer me toward information I can print out? I called him after a very scary episode of what almost seemed like seizure/very scary brain/contracting muscles/sweating activity and got a small supply of klonopin. Does anyone else take it for neurological stuff as opposed to anxiety or sleep? It helped, I want to ask for more to have on hand...

oh, I have found Dr. Cheney's article on neuro toxicity/ exitatory it's just a bit long and I know better than to bring lengthy articles to appointments!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2011]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used to print them out and highlight the pertinent points and make notations in the margins. My doc was able to scan right through them and he was impressed by the comprehensiveness of the articles and footnotes. Some of them he read entirely later when he had time. He was an exceptional doc.

Love, Mikie
  3. cisasnaps

cisasnaps Member

i'm with you. Docs work way beyond clinic hours and I organize, highlight and prioritize. I think he's willing to try the lamictal, based on what we talked about on the phone, just want to make sure it's a very low dose! The klonopin helped with those awful muscle spasms and neuro episodes, I''m hoping we can keep it up for a bit. I'm literally just starting to see daylight after the worst crash in over 15 years so I'm finding there's trepidation 'venturing out' because I don't know what will happen if I am stuck in traffic or something... I think it's partially for the anxiety of attempting to reenter the world!!
    I agree we can not inundate our docs with articles on every supplement, theory, alternative medicine, or 'maybe'.