Looking For Doctor In Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by oklahoma34, Jan 8, 2003.

1. oklahoma34

oklahoma34 New Member

Does anyone know of a doctor in the Oklahoma City area that will treat CFIDS/Fibromyalgia patients who are on disability. I had a great one but her husband was transfered to Germany. Several doctors that I have contacted won't treat patients with the illness or who are on disability. Thank You!!
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

I am originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, but have lived in Montana the last 15 years. Since I have been out of Oklahoma so long, I'm sorry that I can't recommend a doctor, but I guess I would just start through the yellow pages and call and ask--first are they knowledgeable about FM/CFIDS and do they take disability patients.

I just wanted to welcome a fellow Okie to the Board and tell you how pleased we are that you found us. I have been a member for three years (for some reason my number of posts listed isn't correct), and this is a tremendous support group filled with knowledge, experience, and caring people.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want--usually somebody will have a suggestion or answer for you.

I have FM/CFS, osteo/psoriatic/rheumatoid arthritis, asthma/allergies, and advanced degenerative disc disease. I hope you find help soon and get the relief you need. Keep us posted on your progress! Best Wishes, Carol...
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi welcome to our world. Glad you have joined us. We do have a 'Doctor Referral' list at the top of this page you might want to check. They are listed by states.

Hopefully someone from your area will be able to help too.

I am in Louisiana, so no help from me, plus I mainly take supplements for Fibro.

Hope we hear from you often, and do ask any questions you may have, or maybe you can answer some of our questions too!

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. oklahoma34

oklahoma34 New Member

I appreciate your information & kindness!
    Take care of yourself.
  5. oklahoma34

oklahoma34 New Member

I appreciate the information & I will check out the doctor referral list. Thanks so much!
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I am also originally from Tulsa. But I've been gone for 25 years now, so I know I'm no help in the OKC doc category. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board.

Good luck in your search for a good doc who will treat you.

Barbara
  7. JuneT

JuneT New Member

I have seen Dr. Christine Codding at Orthopedic & Reconstuctive Center in Oklahoma City. The office is near Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City. I don't know whether the physicians there will treat patients on disability but they are all good, compassionate, and thorough.
  8. SharN

SharN New Member

Hi, I live in western Oklahoma. I'm losing my Dr. too, he has been great. He is going to Africa to do missonary medical work. So I'm starting over too. Do you live in OKC? If I hear of anyone I'll let you know. SharN
  9. angelclaire

angelclaire New Member

Hello fellow Oklahoman! I don't know of anyone in OKC, but I have just gotten in with a rheumatologist in Tulsa who specializes in fibromyalgia and the like. So far I have been really pleased with her. I know she takes many insurances, I don't know anything about disability. If you're interested, let me know and I'll forward the info to you.
  10. teach6

teach6 New Member

For newbie looking for doc in Tulsa.

Barbara