looking for dr in Glendale AZ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, May 2, 2008.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

Hi all I am in TX now but I am leaving for Glendale on May 29th!! should be there the 30th or 31st my friend is driving with me and she wants to try to drive straight thru I hope I can do it sitting in a car for that long isn't really one of my favorite things but since I have something to look forward to I may just make it!!

if you have a doctor you know of in the glendale area please let me know!! I have fm and cfs!

2. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

Hi Hannah. I would like to welcome you to AZ. I live in a town that is right next to Glendale. I am 46 years old and have RA and FM and do know of a good Rheumy's office in Glendale.

It is called "Arizona Arthritis and Rheumatology". Do a Google search on this name and you will find their website. They have 3 locations in the valley here and 1 is in Glendale. Please note though, that not all of these docs in this clinic, see patients at the Glendale office.

There is 1 doctor to stay away from though and that is Eric Peters. I went to him for about 5 years when first diagnosed with the RA in 1999, but then came down with the Fibro in 2005. He is good for RA but he sucks at treating FM. SO I fired him and am now going to a Rheumy in Phoenix. I have been seeing this Rheumy since and he is just okay, not great, and he is about 100 years old (Okay, maybe a little exaggeration on his age.

So you might want to call their office to see which doctors are at the Glendale office and "interview" the office people to see which one is the best at treating the FM & CFS. I have heard good things about Dr. Ralph Bennett, but you can decide for yourself which doc would best help you.

Good luck in your journey and please let me know how things work out for you. I would recommend you call them right away to get an appointment set up now as who knows how long it will take you to get the appointment for a new patient.

And I know how hard it must be to move to a new state and not know anything about the docs here.

Keep me posted..

3. 3sa

3sa New Member

I'm in Phoenix. If you don't find a Dr. in Glendale I would recommend Dr. Posner he is in Phoenix next door to Good Sam Hosp. His # is 602-258-1231. Good Luck !! I wish you a safe & pain free trip.
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

looks like we may all have to try to get together and start a little group huh??? I know that the poeple that I have met out there are all healthy nobody has FM
    maybe we could get a support group I will be up there by June 1st I will keep in touch with you!!

Thank you for the great info
  5. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Hanna!

First of all, YEAH!!!! It will be nice to have you join us out here in AZ! I agree that we should all meet up and form a "lunch" group with everyone like once a month! I think that would be fun! I live in Phoenix, but I am only about 2 miles from Glendale.

I, too, go to Dr. Posner. I love him, but I am really worried that he is going to be leaving the business soon due to his health. He is an older man, and I have noticed that he does "not look good" these days...I do believe that something is going on with him which bums me out 'cause I think he is great!

One word of advise...DON'T go to Dr. Warren Rizzo. Run...run very very fast away!!!!! :)

Good Luck, and please, keep us informed on your status so that we could all maybe meet, OK?

Big Hug,

Tropical Girl
  6. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I will keep ya posted I know I will be there May 31st...but I am gonna be "down" for a few days! my movers will be there June 2nd and Internet and phone is on the 4th I will be back online then... But I will be here online til I leave (I leave the morning of the 29th)

I am so excited!!! dreading the drive but excited to have my own place again!!

saw my internist today and he set me up for 2 months of meds so Im good for a bit and he said to just call if I needed anything so I am covered there bad thing is NO INSURANCE with the divorce I will get private I guess gotta have something for emergencies...figure it out as I go

take care all
  7. boscosmom

boscosmom New Member

in az too....glendale is our address but, right by luke airforce base.
    i would love to meet you gals too.
    i saw dr.Soloman.
    and mayo clinic..rheumy and neuro.
    hope you find good treatment.