Looking for Fibro Dr. in Indiana or Chicago?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by freeatlast37, Dec 16, 2005.

1. freeatlast37

freeatlast37 New Member

I have Fibro, chiari one malformation, cfs, allergies and migraines. I am looking for a clinic in Indiana but I am willing to travel to Chicago, I live in the Terre Haute area and I am trying to get off my meds and find a cure. I know they say there isnt one but I have had these problems for 10 years and enough is enough ! I am currently seeing a neurologist who just wants to write me a perscription, so please help me.

thanks freeatlast
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Morris Papernik @ Rush University Medical Center. He is only interested in evidence-based meds however, not vitamins or supplements.

Cheers
    Louise
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Morris Papernik @ Rush University Medical Center. He is only interested in evidence-based meds however, not vitamins or supplements.

Cheers
    Louise
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I saw Dr. Papernik at Rush. He had drug representatives all over the place. First visit I had to wait an hour while he chatted with them. Second visit he asked if the one could sit in on our visit.

We tried the drug route, but it didn't work for my CFS.

The good thing I can say is that he is familiar with CFS and doesn't look at you like you are weird. He ran some tests that other doctors hadn't thought of running.

He doesn't do alternative medicine, only conventional medicine.

However, I found I had the most benefit from alternative, and that was by researching and trial and error. It is a good thing to be tested to rule other conditions, and he will do that.
  5. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I see a fantastic rheumatologist in Chicago. Dr. Katz at Rush University - his practice is called Rheumatalogy Associates. I have been seeing him for about 3 months and his practice has x-ray, ultrasound and lab facilities right in his office which is very conveniant. He is a traditionalist so he will test you and diagnose you and treat you with meds, but less meds then I have been on.

I grew up in NW Indiana and went to ISU my freshman year - it was a heck of a drive home from Terre Haute and Chicago is about 30 miles more away. Do I think it would be worth your effort and time to drive to Chicago - yes but only if you are willing to try his protocol.

Let me know if you want more info..Nancy
  6. freeatlast37

freeatlast37 New Member

Iam looking to go some where and stay as long as I need to get some treatment, 2006 is the year I get rid of this illness. Thanks for your advice everyone.