Looking for Fivesue!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hey Sue! Haven't had a chance to talk lately! I hope you are feeling better. It sounded like it on the 'To Do' list!

I am praying you get to spend time with your parents during Christmas. When Dad was dying, his last holiday's were difficult, but rewarding. Bittersweet.

We need to get together in the chatroom! I have missed you!

Our Kevin (18) left home three nights ago. It was time for some tough love. I know he won't stay gone forever, but it is still painful. Good kid at heart. His way is the ONLY way and we have spoiled him too much. We take much of the blame.

I am going to be on for a little bit. Try to catch me if you are on!

Love,

Kim

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm here. Wrote a note to you yesterday, bumped it once,and NO Kim! So glad you flagged me down.

Think I'll psot this and then go on.

Maybe I'll find my old post from yesterday...

Love,
    Sue
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My Kevin was/is a tough lough kid, too! Yes he was spoiled, but he did make the choices that sent him into la-la land for almost all of his 20's. At 29 he enlisted in the navy, has done remarkably, is signed up for college after he gets out on Dec. 18th. He knows that he made his choices and now he's on track....I hope. I still think he really doesn't have a clue who he is and becomes whoever he is around...a people pleaser.

Ah, life. Don't be too hard on yourself or Jim...you raised them the best you could and they are individuals who make decisions for themselves. Give yourself a break...this is from one who has been there and done that.

I may leave this Sunday after church and drive halfway to Dad's, spend the night, and drive the rest on Monday. Jim is going to be out of town Tuesday night thru Thursday night, so I may leave to come home on Thursday, drive halfway again, and be home early Friday. We have a Christmas Party on Saturday night. I may do this...if I feel OK....

Which I have. I have been feeling much better and I contribute it mostly to my eating habits. I really have not eaten correctly since Kevin left home in 1992...not much desire to cook. When Jim and I got married in 2000, I really couldn't get back in to it, either, so it's been a battle. I read the book about diet for blood types and then just decided to eat healthy things instead of putting something in the toaster, grabbing a handful of something, and I cut out beef but not chicken, fish, etc.

I have just felt better, more energy, losing a little weight, and have been able to keep things up and even do an exercise tape 3-5 days a week. Amazing.Still have aches and am tired, but am sleeping better, etc. Amazing.

No altering meds, either. My depression lifted w/o med change which is a real first.

Anyway....Read my letter to you that I bumped. Didn't Kevin have shingles? Or am I dingy! Well, I'm that for sure but am I mistaken? (-:

Love,
    Sue
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am so sorry about this. I will pray for all of you, but especially for Kevin's safety and for your peace and comfort. I don't know what it is with the name Kevin, but every one I've known has been a charmer but a handful.

Blessings on each of you!

Sue
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

What a dear friend you are! Thank you for being here. I emailed my best friend, of 37 years, about Kev. Still haven't heard.

Speaking of Kevin. He came home after school. Jim told him we needed to sit down and discuss how life was going to be around here, this weekend. Kev will have input too. Not too much.

How far away is your parents home? I worry about the long trip.

It sounds like you are doing so well! CLAPPING and YELLING YAY HOOOOOOOOOOOO! What exercise tape do you have. My CF raises it's ugly head whenver I try something. I do want to do something though!

I know we will hook up soon! What a good evening to have Marty and the gang over! If Ben and Jerry had been available the last two nights, we would have partied hearty!

Love you Susie!

Kim
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this with your dear son. Guess it's just part of life, though. Sad, but I'm glad he's home, and Jim said there will be rules. And your comment, "He'll have input, but not much!" So great!

When I was teaching and the kids would ask why they couldn't decide something for the class that I didn't want, I always told them that my classroom was not a democracy! (-: And, you are the boss...the parent, teacher...guide. He needs to be guided whether he knows it or not. Hang in there. It will be OK.

My parents live about 6-7 hours away. I have driven it only once alone in halves since I've been sick...(8 years)...I used to drive everywhere alone, long distances, etc. I was a real goer, but no more. It's OK, too. I'm still thinking about it. It will also depend on how the weather is...don't do snow driving now.

Hey, don't let Kevin meet Marti...keep Marti in the kitchen and sneak in for a "visit" when you need to! (-: In this situation, Ben and Jerry would be like milk toast (or is it milque?)! You need something with bite that will give you a bite!

Love,
    Sue

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Probably see you in the AM. Hope all is going well. Is Marti in the kitchen?

Sue
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Marti did not make an appearance last night. With emotions running high, I thought he should visit this week. Maybe I will invite his French cousin, 'Pinot Noir!'

I saw you had behavior problems (hee hee) with your 'baby' last night! Maybe you need try some 'tough love' and keep your baby out of the bedroom! LOL

Not sleeping and being in pain really stinks! I hope you are able to rest today. Now this is when Marti could really be of assistance and help you relax! And slur....

I will be on, here and there! Maybe we will connect! Hope so!

Take care..

Love,

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2005]
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Well, one more step on the growing up trail down for Kevin. Whew! The next is coming....!

The cat! He is so funny. Usually, he just sleeps at the foot of our bed or is downstairs doing whatever. Never bothers a soul. But some nights, and it happens after I get up my once a night to go potty, he decides it's time for me to be up. He tries gently to get me...don't know how he does it, but finally, he get fed up with my inaction and goes for the shoestrings! He knows it will get my attention. (-:

I did hurt mainly because I had slept on a different bed the night before. I wanted to read and Jim didn't want the light, so I came in to the spare room, fell asleep, and when I went to go potty and go back to our bed, Jim had spread out over all of it, and the part he didn't have, Felix did! So, I just came back in here. This bed isn't as good, so I had a few kinks that I must work out.

Enough! I'm going to get dressed...it's 11:00 in the morn; I have accomplished some things, but I need to get dressed. I'll be here on and off, also. Hope we connect. Have a good day, OK?

Love,
    Sue

Me and Marti...Later!
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member