Looking for gloves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Nov 4, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

My hands hurt so bad I can't do anything some days, like today!
    I am lookinmg for a pair of gloves that have 3/4 fingers, since my fingers ache so bad too. I also need wrist support.
    I have found the hand eze, but they don't have very good wrist support.
    I appreciate any advice, I'd love to be active on the bord again, but my poor hands can't take the typing!!
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

My hands hurt so bad I can't do anything some days, like today!
    I am lookinmg for a pair of gloves that have 3/4 fingers, since my fingers ache so bad too. I also need wrist support.
    I have found the hand eze, but they don't have very good wrist support.
    I appreciate any advice, I'd love to be active on the bord again, but my poor hands can't take the typing!!
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi,
    I'm not familiar with hand eze, but about the best support for the wrist that I have found is a bowling wrist brace. They can be wrapped over a glove, and you can adjust the position quite a bit. They are available in both right & left hand models.
    Kathryn
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Have you tried weight lifting gloves?Your fingers are exposed like you mentioned and you can get ones with a long strap on wrist to wrap around for more support.You can fine them at k-mart or almost any dept. store or store like sports authority.
    hope this helps!!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This is a differnt problem than you have, but I was bit about twenty or more times on my finger tips and all over my hand and arm by a spider.

Well Acesnanna told me to soak my hand in vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar), then after the soak, I rubbed vitamin E on my hand and put a cotton cosmetic glove on it at nighttime. This happened on the 24 of Sept., and this hand is still got numbness in three finger tips, but a lot of the pain is gone, and the stiffness is slowly going away too.

The exercise gloves sound great for typing, but you could try what I do for sleeping. It really seem to help, its very soothing and it does heal.

HOpe this helps, I know how it feels now to have a hurting hand.

Shalom, Shirl

6. achy

achy New Member

After haours of searching on the net I found a great pair of "arthritis gloves". They weren't cheap, but were just what I was lookin for.
    You may want to check out this site....lotsa helpful things
    www.feelgood.com

And Shirl, I have has spider bites like that myself, but not so many at once! I can't imagine. I am glad your feeling better, and will try your advice. I am also using epsom salt soaks, heating pads, anything warm and moist.
    Ok...enough typing.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy