looking for good doctor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twister425, Dec 27, 2005.

1. twister425

twister425 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a doctor in Northern Michigan. One that believes in FMS/CFS? any help is greatly appreciated.

Sherri
  2. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

Hi Twister425, I live in GR,MI, I have had the most difficult & frustrating time finding a good Doc. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with FM, & ever since my life took a turn for the worst. I had gone through 2 Docs in the beginning, one of the docs was actually very understanding & sympathetic about FM. I couldn't see him any longer due to insurance reasons, but I believe if I had been able to continue to see him I wouldn't be as miserable as I am today. I don't know how far north you are, but if you're not here is his name, Norman Weber, he is through Metropolitan Hospital & very kind, I would give him a try if it is not too far for you to drive. He isn't one to pass out pain meds unless he feels you are responsible, & you have a clear understanding of what living with FM is all about. He isn't one who likes to hear " I just can't move, the only way I can do anything is if I have pain meds. He want's to hear that you are doing everything in your power to help yourself, & pain meds would only be for the times the pain is unbearable. I hope this can be helpful to you, & I wish you the best of luck!!