Looking for good/excellent FM doctor in Louisiana?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshine8957, Aug 20, 2003.

1. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FM doctor in the New Orleans, LA Area?
  2. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure about agreeing with the Internist's view on FM being a mask for hypotyroidism - but if his treatments are working for you, then that is wonderful!

Thanks also for recommending your neurologist!

I'm in Metairie, and it's nice to meet you! It would be nice if we could gather all of the people that utilize this website and live within 2 hours of each other to try to get together sometime, maybe swap phone numbers. Getting together may be a problem if a lot of our new-found friends are having a flare - we could always use a cellphone to stay in touch!

If anyone is interested, my email is ecurren@cox.net

Again, Barbara, I am so glad you are getting help!

Eve

3. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Hey Barbara - It's me Eve, from Metairie. We found each other yesterday (or the day before).

We must be the only two from Louisiana that have been fortunate enough to find this site.

Guess what, I met a woman today who has Fibro amongst a variety of other ails. She gave me her card so I can call her. She comes from a family of RN's (including herself) and just got approved for Social Security. I'm on my 1st appeal. Been out of work since 11/2/02 and needless to say it's rough on one income. I just hope this doesn't go on forever - the sad thing is I was a top notch supervisor and had increased the company's income by triple. I used to be so sharp - now I get stressed trying to keep up with the laundry. I am in a muddle all day long. But am trying to keep my chin up.

My email is ecurren@cox.net.

Talk with you soon and will give you feedback from my conversation with the woman I met today.

Take care and soft hugs,

Eve
  4. KayL

KayL New Member

Shirl is from Louisiana, and I'm in Destrehan. I see an osteopath, and I've seen a rheumatologist in New Orleans who I really liked.

The doctor I see does not specialize in FM, but he's been treating me for several years since I first went to him following back surgery.

Karen
  5. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I see a wonderful integrative dr. in Metairie: Kashi Rai. While I don't have FM, I do know she has many patients with FM and has had great resuls with them. She is by far the best dr. I have ever been to and she has restored my life. While I doubt I will ever be 100% better, I'm satisfied with the 75-90% improvment I've experienced.

Give her nurse Amy a call and she'll be glad to answer any of your questions in order for you to determine if this is the right dr.for you.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I'm originally from New Orleans, the Old Gentilly area. Moved to Ponchatoula,La.(City of the famous Strawberry Fest.!) (North Shore) nine years ago. Could not handle the city life anymore.

But still miss the old New Orleans that I grew up in.

The great doctor that I did have, who diagnosed me died, since then I have not found one to my liking :)

Wish you luck, and if you gals decide on a get together, let me know, if my husband is home (he works for an oil company off-shore) to do the driving would be glad to meet all of you. I do not drive over the Causway anymore.

We have a few members here for Louisiana, in fact we are getting more people from our area in the last year. When I first came here a couple of years ago, I was the only one from here.

Shalom, Shirl

7. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Oh, this is too good to be true! I would love for all of us in Louisiana to get together. Shirl, since we want you to be able to come, let me know hubby's next time off, and everyone else, if you would tell me of any dates that are bad for you (ecurren@cox.net) I'll set up our meeting so everyone can make it. It is so nice to finally be coming out of my shell - the circumstances stink, but when you are sick (especially with this invisible disease) you really do find out who your true friends are. I am so blessed to have found this website a few months ago.

Shirl - are you one of the two women who helped me get through the nite about a month or so ago. I can't thank you and the other person enough. I was extremely depressed, very close to feeling "s" and you two, in the middle of the nite, talked with me for a very long time to walk me through the slump. I was o.k. after that. If you remember the other woman's name or email address, I would like to thank her as well. You both were absolute Angels!!
    And I thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you have found some kindred souls in your area.

Just a reminder. Spelling out the dot and the com is the same as posting the URL. Nice try:)

Love, Mikie
  9. sha6058

sha6058 New Member

My understanding was that the actual URL couldn't be posted as it would be for a link. I'd seen others do it the way I did and saw no reprisal, so thought it was ok. Thanks for letting me know. Just a misunderstanding. Won't do it again.

Barbara