Looking for HALEYCOLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1sweetie, Sep 2, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am looking for a thread that you started for a new person on the board and I can't find any threads for you when I do a search.

Help me please. I can't understand what has happened to your threads and I really need this one for someone else.

2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

don't do that. Lots of us with cognitive problems can't remember what we read and I find your threads helpful. I am trying to do Bruce Campbell's ideas also and it helped me to know how they helped you.

I try to delete the bumps and sometimes the vents but we need the informative info that you have been providing.

The thread that I need now is for someone that is inquiring about the degrees of illness. I was going to bump your test thread that Bruce and my doctor's use. I do not know how to copy and paste or I would do it.

The thread was by marw and she was wanting to know if there were different degrees of FM. I told her I would find your thread.

Would you please respond to her and if you would please add that thread back to the board? If you want to you can say that it was requested.

Please reconsider deleting all of your post. Lots of us have to use the search to find those articles that we just can't remember. It would help us and I do find your post and threads interesting.

Thanks for your help!
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thank you so much for the info and for starting the thread. I will practice on the copy and paste.

I saw that you had already emailed marw. You were doing that while I was emailing you. Great post to her. You put a lot of time and effort into your post and that is why I am pleading with you to not delete all of them.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ALL OF US!!!
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I will do that. Don't worry about how many post that are on the board.

It really helps for people to use the search on the board so that you and the rest of us do not take our precious energy to retype everything again. We do not care if you have 10,000 post....I promise.

Please don't delete this one. My printer is out of ink and I can't copy this info now.
  5. marw

marw New Member

This is marw (margaret) here. Thank you so much for your reply on my other post! It helped a lot. And I, too, hope you will save your posts. YOu are very kind, also, which I much appreciate.

I really needed to see this chart. What is happening to me is that the amount of rest I need (or the activity level I keep) does not nearly match my pain level. For example, I would have said I was at the number 60, yet my pain is very, very severe most of the time. Apparently what I am doing is just over-riding the pain with my mind (like I did when I was still working), and undoubtedly making it a lot worse by: 1) not acknowledging it (a hard thing to do)
    and 2) not resting, or structuring activity to fit the level where I am.

What happens is that instead of relaxing when the pain hits or is already there (which almost always is lately), I panic! And then I push....almost like a woman in childbirth!....ridiculous, I know.....but trying to almost "push" the pain out of me....which just results in more frustration.

I need to used Wendy's Mantra on the other post (that was really good, too)....and just "chill" about the whole thing, I guess. I get so angry about it, however. It is hard to deal with it. But I have no choice, so I guess I will.

Love and thanks,
    Margaret

Thanks again for this Chart, and for your help!

Margaret