Looking for Housemate in California

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aleutian, Apr 17, 2010.

1. aleutian

aleutian New Member

My husband of 22 years has left me. I have been in decline. Low cotisol, aldosterone, melaocyte-stimulating hormone, high C4a level, pre-diabetic, chemical sensitivites and sensitivity to weather change. Was in a very bad car accident in 1991 that set things off. Mediated hypotension, muscle inflammation in skull, costochondritis. Former lawyer. Had been politically active. Sister, mother and niece all have autoimmune problems. Would like to be in a relatively dry area that does not get too hot or too humid. Have changing bad neurological symptoms. Husband's departure a real shocker. Need to be with someone who has similar problems. Can drive and am somewhat functional, but desperately need a change of climate and scenery.
    Would appreciate hearing from anyone who wants to share preferably a house. Have moderate income.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I would definitely be interested in talking with you about this, although I do have a cat and a bunny, so I am not sure if that would bother your MCS (I have MCS and the pets don't cause me a problem, but they are about the only thing that doesn't, so I totally understand if they would cause you problems.)

Also, so sorry that your husband left, esp if it was due to your health issues - that is really rotten, to say the least.
  3. aleutian

aleutian New Member

How can we talk since we can list no personal information here? Do you live in California?
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I do not live in CA - have visited many times when I was well, though, all along the coast from Mexico to LA, and from Monterrey to north of San Francisco, and from the Red Woods to the state of Oregon....so fairly familiar with the coast and absolutely love it (as long as I am not in LA), and I know that the weather is much better for me out there....are you living in CA now?

as far as talking goes, do you happen to have a facebook account? or do you go on Phoenix Rising's website? it's possible to do private messages there
  5. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

I'm not looking for a roomate but do live in California, have lived in many different parts of California...was considering where you could find an area that is a "relatively dry area that does not get too hot or too humid".

The central valley of California is affordable and is relatively dry but does get over 100 degrees in the summer. Any further east you would have dryer but hotter weather. I'm assuming you don't want to live in the mountains where you would have to drive in snow? The Sierra foothills also get over 100 degrees in summer, a few degrees cooler than the Central Valley. Don't know if that is too hot for you?

The coastline areas vary in their degree of summer fog, some areas are constantly in summer fog, others more of a break. I'd say you would get humidity right on the coast. Probably the best place would be back from the coast and fog where the weather would stay cooler than the valley in summer but you would not be stuck with summer fog. Carmel Valley, Corralitas, areas near Santa Barbara or San Diego that are back from the coast. Some are pretty expensive though.

Good luck,