Looking for Housemate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aleutian, Oct 12, 2008.

1. aleutian

aleutian New Member

I am having severe reactions to weather change and cold climate.I now live in Pittsburgh, but want to try living in a warmer climate (not too warm) with few weather changes. I started out with fibromyalgia, but this has morphed into something else. I would like to try a different climate for the winter months and see how I do. If you know of someone who would like a roommate please e-mail me. Thanks, Mary
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is against the rules of the board to post our e-addresses. I do hope you can find a roommate in a warmer clime, but it might help if you were to delete the e-addresses from your posts. We are not allowed to post them in our profiles, but it is usually helpful to fill out our profiles to help our members get to know one another. Again, best of luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

mary..you could also try the chatrooms...there, you can share more info.

good luck
  4. aleutian

aleutian New Member

I'm new to the group and wasn't aware of the rule against posting your e-mail as I saw it done on another message. Actually, I think the comment was hurtful as I'm experiencing a lot of difficulty and am pretty much alone.

For people who are supposed to be somehat understanding of other people's suffering, I feel the post by Mikie was highy insensitive.

Thanks Sue for your suggestion.
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Mikey has your best interests at heart. You would have been very upset if your post had been deleted.

She was giving you a heads up, not as a criticism but to prevent further embarrassment for you.

People have given some very good suggestions. That is what we are here for. Support.

If you go to the library, you can read papers from all across the nation and read the classified section for people who are looking for a roommate. I know for my local papers I can access the classifieds on my computer.

Good luck. I lived with a friend for a year and it really helped me out financially. This DD can make us lonely.

Take care.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

i understand your urgent need to find a roommate somewhere else, but believe me, Mikie is one of our longime members who has helped so many others here, and she is much beloved.

She only has your safety at heart. Do try Craigslist, the Library, and other suggestions given here, ok?

We'd love to hear that you were successful in finding a place where you will be comfortable for the winter.

Best of luck to you...
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry if my response upset you. Yes, I was only trying to keep your post from being deleted (thanks, everyone, for your kind support). I did wish you the best of luck and I still do.

The rules here were made to protect the safety of our members. Unfortunately, there are some very real risks when using the internet and posting personal info. Our members here are the kindest people in the world but we don't know who lurks on websites looking for unsavory opportunities.

When using live chat, you can go into a private chat room with one other member and exchange info. This is usually safer than posting info here. Still, it's a good idea to know another before giving out personal info.

Again, best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie