Looking for LLMD

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by krock, Jul 10, 2009.

1. krock

krock Member

I had Lyme test last year that showed two bands positive: IgG P41 and IgM P23. The dr that ordered the test said it was negative. I showed the results to another doc earlier this year who said if any band was positive, that meant I have Lyme, but he did nothing to treat it.

So, I continue to be ill (diagnosed with CFS and FM) and continue to wonder if Lyme is at the root of all this.

I need to find a LLMD asap. Are there any in or near Cincinnati, Ohio? I have been searching online, but no luck. Thanks for your help!
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

The best way to find a LLMD in your state is to go to lymenet.org....click on flash discussion.....sign up for free like you did here.....click on the Seeking a Doctor board....create a new post asking for a LLMD near Cincinnati, Ohio.

You will receive at least one private message with names, plus some other info given to all new posters.

You can also go to their Medical Questions board and post questions there that you may have. The people are intelligent and helpful.

I can be found on lymenet.org as Dekrator48.

Hope to see you there.

You should read this entire paper by a lyme expert......

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Be sure to pay attention to the western blot info on page 7....Dr B says that you should see band 41 and at least one lyme specific band.....which you have.

Band 23 is lyme specific...it is outer surface protein C.

Many people who have lyme also have other associated coinfections which Dr B addresses in the above paper.

Good luck.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Lots of good info at those sites... lymenet is the best place to get personal feedback on which doctors are good and which are not.... you might also want to educate yourself more by reading thru the sticky up above about different sites.

Good luck, take your time finding a good LLMD... it will pay off.

all the best,
    Victoria

4. Renae610

Renae610 New Member

Dr. J in KS!! THE BEST!
  5. krock

krock Member

I just posted on Lymenet asking for LLMD in or near Cincy. Hopefully I will get some replies there too.
  6. homesower

homesower New Member

I am near Bellefontaine. I go to a Doctor in Western PA. Its about 3.5 hours for me. I found him through a friend in Dayton. She had said that her Cincy doctor retired and this was the closest for her. I have been going for almost 3 years now. Unfortunately, now my trips are a family affair as my wife was just diagnosed.

E mail me and I will send you his information.
    homesower@hotmail.com