Looking for MCD56

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Aug 2, 2006.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Hi Mary,
    Just checking in with you because you have posted for a while. I hope all is well and you are just busy, but check in when you can1

I have a bad upper respiratory infection but antibiotics are working to break up the congestion in my chest. The only bad thing is that I have to stop the Humira injections until the infection is gone. I gues the Humira can exasperate an infection. Kinda stinks as I think the Humira was really helping.

Take care - Nancy
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Nancy:

Just saw your post and have the same issue. I have been on Humira for 4 months now, but not seen the improvement that I had with Enbrel. Problem with Humira for me is that Ihave gotten 2 different respiratory infections. First one was resolved with 5 days of antiobiotics. The current one has been more problematic. I now have lower lobe pneumonia and x-ray showed lots of lung scaring. I am a bit freaked out about it. Had to start 2nd antibiotic, my old friend Biaxin, that makes me sicker than a dog, as well as a short term prednisone course, and nebulizer treatments...fun.

I had to stop my Humira shots 3 weeks ago, when I first became sick. Was also scheduled to have D&C this week, so would not have been taking the Humira anyway. Now at least 2 more weeks without Humira and I can barely move. I will see my rheumatologist on Friday, and hopefully he can give me something else until I can return to the Humira. My PCP said that respiratory infections occur 18% of the time as a side affect of Humira...geez, guess that since I seem to be having the worst summer of my life with my asthma, that Humira might not be the best med for me. I also have liver issues, so cannot take methotrexate or plaquenil.

Just wanted to share my Humira story with you as well.

Ingrid
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Thanks for the response and info. It scares me too - I had pneumonia in college and this cough is very wheezy and rattley.

My rheumy went straight to the Humira and my inflammation markers have finally started to decrease. My Sed rate & CRP have been triple high for months. So this is a set back in my opinion. When the nurse at my doc's office reminded me to stop the injections until my infection was completly gone, it confirmed my latest gripe - what do we do when the drugs we take to help our health cause additional issues that require additional drugs.

I take about 10 prescriptions now and I just turned 44. I take more then my parents take and they are 30+ older. Tell me about Enbrel and why you had to stop it. I hate Biaxan too. I have had good luck with the Zithromax and Cipro. I also take 5 mg of Prenisone daily.

Nancy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2006]
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering still/again. I really hate this DD and what it does to our lives.

Take care and stay cool - this weather is horrendous but we are cooling down as I write this - lots of thunder and lightning and tons of rain. We had a feel like temp of 114 today and now it is 81.
    Take care and stay as cool as you can.
  5. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

That you are feeling poorly and discouraged. You are right about riding the waves being tiring - the up and down of this DD are ridiculous. Know that you are not alone and take care. It is in the 70's here. I am home today because my coughing has put me in more pain then endurable. Mostly in my back around the lungs. Yuck!

Nancy