Looking for new Fibromyalgia MD again

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Pugaru, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Pugaru

Pugaru New Member

Again I have frustrated another doctor who told me to find someone else and has given me only two months. Already saw one with no good results. Can anyone recommend one in Massachusetts area? Fibromyalgia doctors are few and far, I'm treated like I have the plague, and am at my wit's end. Any and all names would be appreciated.
    Thank you!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2006]
  2. reneecanals

reneecanals New Member

I know how you feel because I've been there. I don't know anyone in Mass but... my M.D., who has treated me like the plague I am, sent me to see his associate in ALTERNATIVE medicine, Russell Greenfield, M.D. who practices alternative medicine, that is, vitamins, minerals, osteopathy and therapeutic massage referral, etc. Both doctors work with the Carolinas Medical Center. I saw him 2 weeks ago and I am seeing the osteopath this Tuesday. It's too early, of course, to say this method works but I have been treated with respect and Dr. Greenfield understands how fibromyalgics feel. May I recommend the book "From Fatigued to Fantastic", by JACOB tEITELBAUM,M.D. ? I paid $ 11.95, I think I got it at Barnes and Noble but you can get it from your local Library or Amazom.com You'll feel validated when you read it and knowledge is power. May I also suggest you go to the Internet and type, for example, "Massac... and fibromyalgia" or Mass... and support groups or any other variation until you find what you need. Disregard your doctor's assinine attitude and look forward to alleviation of your symptoms but, please, don't give up.
  3. Pugaru

Pugaru New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Right now I am not under any doctors's care until Aug/06 when I meet my mew PCP. Previous one stopped all pain meds with only 10 days notice and the pain clinic at MGH was so disrespectful, I am never going back there. The awful part about that is they hospital puts out this bit noctice for people in pain about how much they care, we will be sympatheic and respectful etc, etc. A lot of crap. My pain level is sky high and I'm back to not walking wothout assistance. I's horrible that once you have a Fibro diag, they forget about the other ortho problems that are non related and are also causing problems and pain. I suffered a fall on ice and ruptured a disc a few years back, also have arthritis and other issues. Put that all together and it spells pain 24/7. enough of my carping. Once again, thank you for reply, holistic is possibly my next venture.