Looking for patients of DR. MARTIN LERNER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by startrekruth, Feb 22, 2010.

1. startrekruth

startrekruth New Member

He practices in Beverly Hills, Michigan. I would like to discuss his treatment protocol and compare results. I'd like to see how other patients of his antiviral therapy are responding. If you see him please share any of your thoughts with me.
  2. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Lerner's. I have with him for 2 years now.

My diagnosis is CMV, EBC, HHV6, and mycoplasma pneumoinia. I take valcyte, valtrex and doxyclyline. I have moved from a 2 to a 4 on his chart. Still very tired and can't do a lot of things, but more than I could before. I feel more clear in the head and my racing heart is better.

I hope this helps you. How long have you been with him??

Take care.
  3. sickofcfs

sickofcfs New Member

My daughter and I are new patients with Dr Lerner. We both have active HHV-6 infections and nothing else. My daughter started Valcyte about 3 weeks ago and I started about a week ago. Nothing much to report at this point.

I was taking Valtrex for 6 months before I switched to Dr Lerner. Dr Lerner says I don't have an active EBV infection, so the Valtrex won't help. It's hard to argue, since I didn't see an improvement, although to be fair, I had a very bad 6 months (H1N1, pneumonia), so that could have offset improvement I might have noticed otherwise.

My uncle started treatment with Dr Lerner 8 years ago. He was taking Valtrex and Valcyte in quite large doses for 6 years. He says he saw a steady improvement starting in the first 3-4 months, but that it took 6 years to get "cured". He has not been taking Valtrex or Valcyte for 2 years and has not had a relapse.

In terms of Dr Lerner's scale:
    My daughter is a 5
    I am a 3
    My uncle was a 6 at the start and considers himself cured now.

We are happy with Dr Lerner so far. He's pleasant and caring and his thinking makes sense to us, which always helps. ;)
  4. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

It has been interesting to watch. I know about 5 people who see Dr. Lerner. The two young ones got better in a shorter period of time. Hopefully, this will happen to your daughter..

The rest of us are in our 50's, early 60's. It has been a much slower pace. It is encouraging to hear that your uncle got better, but it took a long time. I am holding on to that in hopes that I can achieve more health.

Dr. Cheney this weekend said his older patients don't get as much success as his younger ones. Then he said what I didn't want to hear, that older is over 40. I would not put that age in the older section. Dr. Lerner did say in his research, he finds the younger do better. I asked him how old does he consider old. He didn't really answer.

Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully, you both will be successful.
  5. sickofcfs

sickofcfs New Member

It's good to hear the young ones get better faster! We're hoping and working for a good outcome for my daughter. Dr Lerner's plan is one year of Valcyte for her, which isn't too long.

I'm in my 50's, so I expect my pace to be much slower. I'd really like to get up to a 5 or 6, at least, so I can be a least somewhat functional. Hopefully that won't take 6 years. ;)

My uncle was in his 60's during his treatment and he had been sick for a lot longer than I have been. I think that is also a factor in the length of treatment. How long have you been sick?

Hang in there. Progress, even slow progress, is a good thing with this illness. Do you take anything in addition to your antivirals?