looking for postive feedback from antivirals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mome44, May 12, 2009.

1. mome44

mome44 New Member

Im starting with antiviral and its my last hope. I would love to hear something postive about to keep me going. IM scared and I need something to help. I dont need a cure I just need to get back to functioning somewhat so I can enjoy my kids lives.
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I know that others have tried anti-virals and have gotten some of their lives back to more normal and others haven't. I am going to try Dr. Dantini's protocol and that will include anti-virals. I am like you as this is my last hope for now but one I haven't tried. May I ask if you have been tested already for viruses? P
  3. mome44

mome44 New Member

Yes I have and I am positive for Epstein Barr I think normal was 20 and mine was 100 I also was positive for the ige i think thats what it is called. Im in Michigan are in located in florida?
    I have been on it for 10 days and just starting to feel some of the die off. The doctor Im seeing says its about 75% cure rate. I pray I fall into that group.
  4. outofstep

outofstep Member

I have HHV-6 & EBV among other things-went from being bedridden to somewhat functional b/c of antivirals. Haven't returned to work, and still nowhere near normal, but am a heck of a lot better than I was. I wish I'd been put on them when I first got sick.

I hope that they work for you. They may make you feel bad at first, but hang in there as long as they aren't causing any other kind of damage. They are definitely worth a try!
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

How are you doing now? I wanted to report that this is day 5 for me on my Famciclovir and just on the second day I quit sweating! I was so happy I did the happy dance!!!!! I am feeling better with each day. Hope you are still doing well. Keep me posted. P
  6. outofstep

outofstep Member

I'm SO happy for you!!! Such great news!! I'm so glad that you were able to get on them early-ish in your illness (I had to wait about 15 years!) and that they are making such a difference for you. I wish that everyone w/ these diagnoses could have viral panels done for the usual suspects, even if to just rule them out-hopefully this will change soon!

I'm okay-waiting to see what happens w/ Ampligen. I had to go off Valcyte/trex & Famvir b/c I developed an allergy to that family of drugs, but will be going back on antivirals & immune modulators as soon as I know what's going to be available.

I hope that you just keep getting better & better :)