Looking For Shannon in Calgary

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Oct 13, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Read a post you wrote to someone else earlier. I too am from Calgary and have just been referred to a Rheumatologist. After reading some of the posts regarding some docs not believing in FM, I'm a bit discouraged. Have you seen a Rheumatologist? If so would you let me know who, and how that doc addressed your condition. Thank you sooo much for any help you can provide. I'm on the frustrated side as I've spent the last year and a half being passed around to docs.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Shannon was on the Board a few Days ago and I've had
    a Post to her that she hasn't been here to reply to
    yet. She has some "bad days" at times but should be
    around soon so keep your Post current. "Bump" it to
    the top at some point if necessary.

Have a good weekend,
    MRDAD
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Dear AB, happy to meet another Calgarian! There are times I can't use the board, but I'm lucky to be here tonight.

I wish I could help you to find a good rheumy. I suffer (and I do mean SUFFER, wink) from CFS rather than fibro, so pain is not a severe symptom of mine. I haven't met with a rheumy. Darude and sdown live in Calgary and may be able to help.

Also, there is a Calgary FM/ME society. I forget how I got the number, but if you call 211 they should be able to direct you. Their support group meets every third Thursday of the month. I've been too ill to attend, but I immagine that the members should have the names of a few pain docs that have helped them. The society reccomended Scott Holder (he's in the phone book) as a GP, but as I have had no experience with him I can't vouch for him. He's in the SW.

Are you new to the city and to the diagnosis of FM? Please don't be discouraged, Ab. Calgary has a large population of FM patients, some of whom I have the good fortune to have met personally. One of the ones I know takes morphine. So, at least ONE doc in town believes the pain of FM is real! And we believe you too.

Will you fill out your bio?
    ((hugs & welcome)) Shannon
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Thank you for your reply. I will keep that doc in mind. As you know around here we don't get much of a choice as to who we see. Yes, my issues stem from FM, the docs think! Many other things have been ruled out