Looking for someone near Chicago Area....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinsportsmom628, Jul 19, 2010.

1. lovinsportsmom628

lovinsportsmom628 New Member

Hi everyone I am looking for someone near the Chicago area I could talk to maybe even meet with, I don't know anyone close to me with fibro and I would love to be able to talk to someone or make a friend that knows exactly what I am going through. Not that this board is not great because I love it, but sometimes its hard for me to sit and read posts let alone sit and type. Would love to hear from anyone.

Thanks,
    Gina
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am in the Chicago area (Woodridge to be exact - right next to Naperville).....On the one hand, I would absolutely love to meet someone near me who understands what it is like to have one or more of these illnesses, but on the other hand I barely ever get out at all anymore and it is really hard to plan anything. I have FM, but I also have CFS and several other diagnoses, and am really pretty sick.

Where exactly (what city) are you?
  3. lovinsportsmom628

lovinsportsmom628 New Member

Thanks for your response. I absolutely understand I'm not well at this time either, but even if it was to talk over the phone every once in awhile. I have FM/CFS, degenerative disc disease, RA, Osteoarthritis, bursitis, ulcerative colitis, so I haven't been out in awhile. As you know this weather has not helped. The humidity kills me just like the cold does can't win! But think about it maybe we could talk on the phone sometime. I'm in Joliet.

Thanks,
    Gina
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

that might work.....sometimes even the phone is too much, but other times it is ok (sorry if I sound really reluctant - I am actually very interested in chatting - I just hate to say I'll do something and then wind up letting anyone down bc this whole situation is just so darn unpredictable....that said, though I definitely would love to try)

I am not sure how to exchange ph #'s, though, bc we are not supposed to post that sort of thing on here.....are you on facebook at all or phoenix rising (both have private messages)