looking for support very depressed

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by burpa, Nov 12, 2004.

1. burpa

burpa New Member

hello,im 23,married and have two babies ages 1&2.ive been depressed basically all my life.i had a bad childhood but am gradually getting better.my husband are going thruogh hard times.were fighting a lot because of my unhappiness with myself and i take it out on him.hes a wonderful father and husband but i try telling him how i feel and i dont have support.its like he thinks that i dont need help and that im fine.im always crying for anything.i get upset easiley,sometimes i just rant and rave for anything.i know that its frustrating for him and i feel bad.but its like i cant control my self.i hate who i am, how i look how i talk,im constantly comparing my self to my crackheaded mother.i dont look forward to waking up.i know that alot of my problem has to do with my lifestyle.i dont eat enough,i drink two cups of coffee a day as a pick me up(cant live with out it). (edited) .i need help but i cant afford it.im starting to take st.johns wart,i hope it helps.i feel like im going in circles.i hope to meet new friends like me and i thank you for taking the time to read this.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Seems like you have a lot on your plate for your young age.

You also sound like you have a good husband, which is hard to find these days.

You do need some help, maybe some friends that can relate to your problems all around.

We have a board for 'Depression' here, that has some really wonderful people there that would be able to offer some advice, and also be very supportive to you.

Just click on the 'Message boards' link at the top of the page, and an index will come up, click on 'Depression' and your will be there.

I sure wish you the best, and do hope that you are feeling better soon.........

Shalom, Shirl
  3. carolynh8

carolynh8 New Member

Hi Burba!
    I remember having two little ones at home and how exhausting that was!! You need a break, and only another
    mother can understand that. I was lucky enough to find
    a babysitting co-op through my church. It doesn't cost
    anything. You just call one of the moms in the group to care for your kids so that you can get some time off! Do
    something for yourself or go out for a date with your
    husband without the kids.
    If you can't find one at church you can start one in
    your neihborhood starting with one other mother. You can
    also have playdates at the park which gives you a chance
    to talk so you don't feel so isolated. I hope this helps
    some.
    P.S. If you need more energy try Gensing and Ginko Billopa.
    God Bless! Carolynh8
  4. lendy

lendy New Member

Hi burpa, I am sorry that you are feeling so bad right now and wanted to let you know that anytime you need a friend just post and I'll be here if you ever want to talk.

Wishing you many Blessings,
    Lendy (Linda in NC)
  5. cookies6912

cookies6912 New Member

Well at least you have a good husband! I do think you should see someone though. I know it sounds weird or crazy, but it helps. Not to mention there are medications out there that can help with what you are felling.