Looking for support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cutie4x4gal, Jan 16, 2007.

1. cutie4x4gal

cutie4x4gal New Member

I was recently diagnosed with CFS and am still trying to figure out how to cope. I am only 24 years old,recently married, have 2 great dogs that I used to love playing with, I have a great job that I love but hardly have the energy to do anything anymore and I need some advice. I have no energy during the day but I can not sleep at night. I want to have a normal life again but all of this is just so overwhelming that I think I wear myself out more trying to figure it all out. Please... any help, advice or anything would be helpful!

Thanks!!!!
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hi Cutie4x4gal and welcome to the board.

I have fibromyalgia rather than CFS, but I do understand the bone-crushing fatigue because I have that symptom as well. It's just awful, isn't it?

My best advice would be to pace yourself. This may be difficult during the work-a-day but for at-home chores and responsibilities you need to make sure you only do a bit of work at a time, then get a rest, a bit of work, a rest, etc. I work/rest in ten minute blocks (five if I'm having a bad day) and have found that I can get lots done over the course of the day.

You're sure to meet some lovely people here with advice relevant to your condition and lifestyle. This board has been a blessing in my life and I hope it will be the same for you.

Take good care,
    Anne Theresa
  3. grace54

grace54 New Member

welcome you have come to the right place as there are many with a similar experience and it helps to know we are not alone with these illnesses. Ther is a lot of info here ti help you. best regards:)