Looking for support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OldChico, Mar 21, 2003.

1. OldChico

OldChico New Member

Hi everyone my name is Margaret and I am looking for answers to some questions. I am really new to this whole Cfids disease. My significant other suffers from cfids and it can be difficult at times to understand the illness and its effects such as the mood swings. I am trying to understand but sometimes I cant help but take it personally. I am trying to understand. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Margaret,

It's interesting because I just wrote the exact opposite thing on one of my posts. It's entitled "I'm having a really bad day..." Mabye that can help you from a different perspective. My mother has Fibro and has had it for the past 6 years, and mine has only been about 6 months. So I do understand how it is to be the caretaker and supporter. It can be very hard to watch someome you love suffer, or worse yet, take it out on you. Patience and understanding is the key. Try to do as much research as you can. Be there for him to talk to, but do not pressure him to talk if he is not ready. Something that I am thinking about is going to couples counseling with my boyfriend. But I think that it's really important to find a therapist who understands the disease. I hope this helps!!

Kathryn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When my Mom lived with me, I felt it helpful to just be left alone when I was sick. She was good at understanding that.

Love, Mikie
  4. bees

bees New Member

I've been ill with CFS for 2and a half years now and live at home with my parents and sister who all look after me. I find it really helps when people do things cheerfully for me and let me know they want to help me. I often worry that I am a burden on their time and money so find it helps whan they offer things making it clear they want to be helping, they are not just doing it out of duty. I hope this helps