loosing steam

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmcdelaney, Nov 15, 2007.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Hey all...

I was SO excited because I really thought we were on to something (on the fm board) with ties between a bunch of things.

Then many others started posting many other theories (just as plausible) and now I'm thinking I don't want to do anymore thinking. There are an infinite number of causes...who's going to figure it out????

So I think I'll start focusing on fun stuff instead.

Joann
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like you are losing steam. Sounds like you are refocusing.

Did you know Stephen Foster wrote a song about a steamboaat?
    It was named "The Glendy Burke".

It goes like this: de dum, de dum, de dum. Nice, huh?

If you go here, you can hear it.

www.mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=2284

Rock
  3. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

You just have to come out into the sun every once in a while.

Don't lose heart, a lot of that stuff over there can interconnect. But it's definitely time for a breather!

Let's all put our bathing suits on and go to the beach. I want a cabana boy and a Rumrunner! lol!

Khaly
  4. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Thanks Rock- ...but to me it sounds more like
    "da da dum de dum da da dum de dum da da dum dum dum de dum"

"I'll work all night in the wind and storm
    I'll work all day in the rain,
    'Til I find myself on the levy-dock
    In New Orleans again."

That's me...working until I find myself back on almost solid ground!!!

I noticed the initials "RG" at the bottom of the page...is that you playing the piano?

So ya, refocusing in a diversional sort of way!

Joann
  5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

"Yee-aa baby" (think Austin Powers)

Last March Jack went on a business trip to Florida...I went with. He told me he would be tied up in meetings (including dinners) the whole time and not to be upset if he couldn't spend time with me.

Went to tanning booth for a couple weeks prior...I had one intention in Florida...ME! The plan was to be on the beach EVERY waking moment and I didn't want to chance a burn and ruin it.

I was just going to suck in the sun and air...no cares. I hopped on the internet and found a great Day Spa and set up a 2 hour session.

WEEEE! We were supposed to be there for only 2 days...but Dang, Massachusetts got hit with a Nor-Easter the day before we were supposed to return and guess what...we had to stay 3 extra days!!!

So I literally layed on the beach, in the sand, walked leisurely around checked things out at my pace (I was SO relaxed the store owners kept saying "ah a local" ), ate dinner by myself (kind of weird, but nice), and got a massage and my "chakra" balanced. Ahhhhh.

Hey...if anybody is ever in Ft. Lauderdale, kind of expensive, but MAN WAS IT GOOOOOD...I went to Diamante Day Spa, and had "Darlene" (the owner) work on me.

I'm sure there are plenty of good places, this was my only time at a real "spa", but WOW what an experience.

Anyway I digress..

Hmmm...no pool boy...life guard...better yet, do you watch "All my Children" or "Dancing With the Stars"...Cameron Matheson (spelling?)...is the waiter on the beach...and it's "Gorilla Farts" all around (Ok..I was looking in my "Bartender's Black Book" for the perfectly named drink for this occasion...couldn't find one...and couldn't resist typing "Gorilla Farts")...(Lightning)

Joann

Ps Not losing heart, well, maybe momentarily...I always do regain my steam.

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Joann

Excellent de-dum rendition. I can tell you've had a musical education.

No, was not I on the piano. I used to play the piano tho. It was during my wayward youth. I was a circuit pianist/organist and traveled w/ a circuit preacher. Some Sundays I played for 3 or 4 services.

Got enough religion to last a lifetime.

I think that drink you mentioned might go w/ some chili a friend of mine discovered in a book of chili recipes: buzzard's breath.

Mind you, I did not actually eat any. I am a true Minnesotan and do no eat anything spicier than mashed potatoes.

uff-da

Rock

7. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Actually, my current neighbor makes and Excellent "Duck Fart"...Guess where he originally learned about it...

Minnesota!

In a shot glass first pour in Khalua (slightly less than half), then float baileys on top of that (slighlty less amount than the khalua) then float Crown Royal on that (just a little more than a smidge)...then FIRE AWAY!!!

Warms ya' right up!

Joann