LOSE the FLUBBER friends, how are you doing???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Okay, it is Tuesday, but I did not post last Wednesday... Just wanting to see how you all are doing..

I lost 2 more lbs.. I went back on counting points thru Weight Watchers. I had finally had ENOUGH! It is good because it keeps me eating healthier foods but still not feeling totally deprived.

MY GOAL: 25 lb. weight loss. I even wrote my weight on my mirror and a picture of me a few years ago, where I felt that I looked good and at my ideal weight. Trying to do the positive re-enforcement thing :)

How are you all doing? I hope you all are well.
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hey Prickles... the scale does not matter if we are not fitting in what we want to :)

I admire you for doing the sit ups & leg raises every day!! That is so great... good for you! I think that makes a big difference in itself.

You do whatever you have to, to get those good grades. Good luck with your exams!
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Oh my gosh.. that's right! I'm supposed to be doing something about this beside whining.. ugh!

Ok.. time for me to get back on track.. specially since I just ate a baked potato for lunch with all the fixens!

Glad at least you are staying on track!
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

dononagin - that's okay.... i was doing the same thing last week and decided it will never be a good time, so I vowed to start this week. I was hungry the first day, but today still have left over points to EAT.

It usually comes of quicker at first, I just have to stick with it in a few weeks. I am good at that self sabotage thing :)

Oh... and the baked potato... yummmmmmm

Good Luck, we can do it!

Uggg..I've only lost 3 lbs since I joined the "Flubber Friends", but, it's better than putting it on. I'm also exercising everyday..not my favorite thing to do, plus, I'm working in my yard, weather permitting.

Today, I made a big pot of chicken vegetable soup. Now when I start to get the muncheees, I can have a cup of soup and I'm good to go.

Man-O-Man..47 more lbs to go...uggg! See you all next week.

6. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I went back on the band wagon at LA Weight Loss. I have taken 7 pounds back off. 5 to 10 pounds to go....
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am at standstill since I lost my 5 lbs. I wish I could get motivated to be on a regular exercise program. It usually takes me 2 weeks of exercising and then I start to feel great. The problem is getting through those 2 weeks.

Well, Kim I am taking a break from the board until next Tues. Well, I will probably check in tomorrow, because I don't leave until very early Friday morning. Unfortunately, I have to go to a funeral in Ohio for my cousin. She was only 23 yrs. old and died of a very painful cancer. I am just glad that she is no longer in pain. A beautiful girl, inside and out, full of life. It seems so unfair sometimes. She fought it for 5 years. I will be with a lot of wonderful family and look forward to just being there for them. Hope you have a good weekend, and I hope you are feeling well. Kim :)
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

wildwoodwine: 3 lbs down is good! Don't be hard on yourself. If you are exercising every day, that is wonderful!! Even when the scale does not show a huge difference, you may be gaining muscle. It is really how you feel in your clothes and mentally. Great thought in preparing food ahead of time.. I think that is the key,that has helped me a great deal this week. Keep up the good work!!

Pottersclay: Great for You! And only 5-10 to go, you will be there in not time!! whooo hooooo! Keep up the good work!!

Botchik: Kim, I am sooooo sorry. Such a young age and sounds like quite a struggle. I am so sorry about your cousin.. please hang in there. I hope you do not go into a flare with all of the traveling and stress. You take care of yourself. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please let me know when you get back. My prayers are with you. Hugs....

I, too, am so sorry for your loss..take care.
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much. Have a good day, hope to talk to everyone next week. Kim :)

I fell off the food wagon..again..at this rate, I'm never going to lose those 47 lbs!!

12. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

wildwoodwine: Ahhhhh.. just get back on it. I would do that and then think it was sensless to start back up the next day, but it is not. Just get back on the "wagon", we can do it together... we will have those up and downs, but if we just get back on track, we are doing so much better than just stopping.

YOu can do it. I am supposed to go with hubby for dinner at a fondue place where we got engaged many years ago. I know I will be eating too much for any diet tonight, but I will give myself that break and be back on track tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up.. we can do it!

13. Catseye

Catseye Member

I've lost about 20 pounds since I've been ill and I did it without any exercise. I was too ill to move, much less be active. I just gave up all wheat and dairy. That is the standard "cfs food intolerance diet" and you pretty much lose all the unhealthy and fattening foods when you give them up. I eat mostly rice, beans, chicken, fish and lots and lots of veggies. Sure, it's boring, but I'm used to it now and have no more food cravings because my body isn't starved for nutrition anymore.

THAT'S what makes people want to eat, it's your body saying "hey, I'm missing some really important s%$t here! Will you give me some nutrients!" And you merely interpret the signal as "gee, I'm hungry" or "I've got the munchies" and you do what I did a million times: you go for the kitchen thinking "gee, what yumminess do I want to treat myself to right now?" Instead of "what is it my body really needs, right now?" All your body can do is make you want to eat, it can't be more specific than that. It's depending on you to figure it out.

Don't keep giving in to "mouth and tummy satisfying" foods, that's what got us all sick in the first place. And yes, easier said than done. But I was so incapacitated and suffering so badly, I squashed the urge to eat yummy and started eating nutrition instead and it has really paid off. Veggies and healthy food is an acquired taste, just like beer; you eat them for the effects and eventually, your body knows they're good and makes them less horrible tasting. You just have to learn to use spices and stuff to make them more palatable.

I didn't even know at first. I laid in bed a good year and a half before a chiropractor gave me a pamphlet on cfs that talked about food intolerance and that was the first time I had ever heard of "regular food" like wheat and dairy being bad. I've never been this skinny!

remember, the body needs the food, not mouth and tummy!

14. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Hi All, I've taken a bit of a break from the site, Xmas and everything......

Anyhoo, I am back on the truck myself, going to do check up's weekly and my girlfriend and I did all of our body measurments along with our weight and goals on a card last month.....we'll do that every month for 6 mos......see if we reach our goals of 25 lbs each! Every Wed we will also do something like this were we check in with each other, report what we've done that week -good and bad..... It helps for me to be held accountable for myself....wish me luck - and best of luck to all of you - see you around here.

15. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Our town- yes our town has a weight loss compatition going on called TEAM LEAN. sponsored through our hospital and local YMCA. Over 900 participants are involved including me. We started wednesday at weigh in. We have teams of 5 people and weigh each week. We pay 5 dollars apiece weekly and if we gain we pay 1 dollar a pound.

The money collected will go back to the winning teams 1st 2nd and third and of course the biggest individual loser.

Our hosp. has done this just for our employees and each of the top group of 5 won an I pod running shoes a massage hour long and $1,000 dollars each... now that was only hospital people. Imagine the pot from 900 people...You know I am trying to be in the top 5 lol

since wed. I have been eating very healthy and lost 6 pounds...oh also they said weekly which ever team wins the weekly weigh in wins a small surprise too..We had a write up in our paper about it and even our senator sent us a congrats for the town trying to get healthy-yea us...wish me luck...I did some math and if I am right they will of collected if everyone stays in the compatition-48 thousand dollars and 100% of that goes back to the winning teams...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
  16. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

britt2 (Erika): Good for you for being back on the "wagon"! It helps me alot too by being accountable for the weight loss or gain. Wishing you the best of Luck!

jaminhealth: Hi Jam! Thank you and I will keep that in mind!

Blueski31717: Wow! What a great motivation... money will do that. 6lbs. down for me too... you go girl! That is super. Wishing you the best of luck and lots of money and prizes to come your way! Sounds like you are having a great start!!!

Hugs... Keep it up you all!

Thanks, Kim, for your support..I'm doing better..NOT great, but better on my diet and exercise. I've been trying to occupy my time with yard work and working in our vineyard and it seems to help..the one good thing about working outdoors..is..I can't drag the refrig around with me!! It's suppose to start raining today, so, I'm stuck indoors for the nest several days..ugggg!!

Hope everyone is having a good day..take care!

18. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

wildwoodwine: Glad you are finding activities that keep you busy and keep you active too. Yes, it stinks whne we are stuck inside every day. I work from my laptop which I like to be set up in the kitchen (right next to the fridge)... Ughhhhhh... torture sometimes.

I have a nice office down the hall, but I like the open space in the kitchen better!

Hang in there on those inside days.

Barrowinnovations: Hi Karen.. I missed you on the last post... thank you for posting that great info on your weight loss. Great for You!!!!

19. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Well I weighed in wednesday and I had lost 15 pounds yea me... I was told another woman lost 16 but she was older and she had heart palps and was admitted to hosp. I checked in with my doc and he said I was healthy and reason for my extreeme weight loss was I quit eating stuff with salt. stopped drinking diet pepsi ate very healthy----no sugar- decreased amount of eating and increased movement..soooo hopefully I can continue this week I am off to a good start....
  20. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

oh my goodness! That is amazing!!! I am glad the doc said it was okay. I would be almost at my goal... wish I could do that. That is amazing!!!!

Do you feel hungry all of the time? What are some examples of what you are eating?? Are you exercising too?? Please fil me in on how you are doing this, if you do not mind.

COngrats! Keep up the great work!!!