Lose the FLUBBER friends Its Wednesday..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

hi friends... Feeling very yucky with an infection right now, so lost track of time and here it is Wednesday. Our big reporting day.

Any Good Stuff / Guilt stuff or just the same stuff? Do tell or vent or whatever you feel like talkin' about.

Hugs
    Kim
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Well, I have stayed the same this week. Here's my lousy excuse.....Son's birthday party and Halloween. Why do I have to love chocolate so much! LOL!

At least I didn't gain any, and I have lost a couple of lbs. since we started. I look forward to the weigh-ins because I have been more conscious of trying to lose weight.

Sorry you have an infection, I hope you start to feel better soon. Did you have fun with your kids on Halloween? You and I have kids in the same general age group. I have a daughter, 5, son, 7 and stepson, 15. They were a pink kitty, Anakin Skywalker and an "80's Big Hair Rockstar" respectively. Of course the older one had to be with his friends. We had fun, passed out candy, and then went trick or treating. Tons of kids in our neighborhood. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves. Passing positive thoughts your way and hoping you get better soon!

Kim :)
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

What kind of work out are you doing? Curious to know, I am tired of doing the same old stuff. Although, with the fatique it has been hard to do much. It is motivating to talk to others who are trying to lose a few lbs. Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

First off, I've had a bad bladder infection this week...but I still managed to shed another 2 pounds...and yes, I'll take em people!

I have been doing 20 mins cardio (low impact) at the gym (I cant do tredmill cuz of ankle)
    I also do about 30 mins of circuit training with a much lower weight than I am used to. I try and work at about 30% so I dont send myself into a crash. Then I do about 10 mins of abs.

I am looking to get into yoga and swimming ( I have had 2 ankle sug's so I think that might be easier on them)
    Let us know what you are doing and what is working for you!
    Good luck for this week all :)

PS - does any of you rebound? I am thinking about gettin one
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Ughhhh - I just wrote a very lengthy reply and lost it.... I cannot type it all over but...
    BOLTCHIK: Good Morning..You sound very aware of what you have been eating. Staying the same is not a bad thing at all. Halloween was good, kind of quite over here but the kids had a blast! Good for you - we will try to do some working out this week. I am feeling a little better today -thank you and big hugs!

DONNAEIL: That is great - who cares what the scale says. I find that I do not have to be as strict with my diet if I am just committed to moving! Very Inspiring. Ofcourse there are all of the other benefits too. Keep up the great work - so nice to hear those compliments.. It means it is really starting to pay off. Good for you!

Brit2: Very inspiring too. Thank you for posting your workout plan - we need to see what works for everyone. I have not tried the rebounding but very interested in it. I know there have been alot of posts on this. I am keeping my eye out so I can buy one and try it. Great Job. Thanks for sharing your success. Hugs.

Good luck this week! Way to go!! I need to be able to fit into some of those holiday clothes!

Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Glad you are feeling better today. I am going to try to get on the bike again this week and eat more veggies and fruit. Looking forward to reporting a couple of shed lbs. by next week. Everyone, good luck this week! Kim :)
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Kim - sounds like a good plan - I will do the same.
    Good luck to you! We can do it.
    Hugs
    Kim
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

If you can fit back in to that jumpsuit and the geez are you doing something right! Good.. I was wondering with the family in town, if you were out eating yummy food. Sounds like you resisted temptation. Good for you!
    Hugs
    Kim
  9. jjoys

jjoys New Member

Are you guys on diets, just trying to keep illness from making you fat? I was just standing in front of the mirror after my shower-big mistake!- wondering if it's possible to not have flab when you're 46. Like, if I was healthy and could exercise like I used to would I be able to get rid of the cellulite on my thighs?

Any thoughts?

P.S. If this is a private discussion, don't be afraid to tell me to butt out. :)
  10. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

this is an OPEN discussion as all are on this site. Thank you for writing.... join in ANYTIME! I wish I had a cellulite answer, as I greatly need a solution for that :)

I notice when I exercise that I firm up and the cellulite is definately less noticeable. I think that makes a huge difference. We are trying to get in shape and hopefully shed some pounds while doing so. We are not focused on the scale but the way we feel. We can share work out tips and report how we are doing (Good or bad).

Please join us.
    Hugs
    Kim
  11. jjoys

jjoys New Member

Thanks for the welcome. My dr.-who's been telling me for 7 years that I need regular moderate activity-has just recently kinda put his foot down and said, "You need to keep walking every day even if you feel like crap. Even if it means you won't be able to cook the evening meal that day. We're gonna try this for a couple of months and see what happens." I'll let you guys know.

I have tried to be regularly active, but the most regular I've been is about 3 times/week. Doc says he wants me to start small--3 blocks/day--and increase slowly, and gradually by very small increments. Like 3 blocks for a week, then 4 and so on. I'm up to 6 as of today. Wish me luck.

Guess the cellulite is just a fact of womanhood. :)

Thanks, Kimba.
  12. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

jjoys - good luck to you - sounds like you are on the right track. We can do it! Glad to "meet" you.

prickles..Thanks for the bump! I am going to take some time and read those. Great!
    Hugs
    Kim
  13. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Yes, my cfs dr has told me the very same thing. Walk a bit every day no matter what, even if its a block or two. And put that first, over cleaning or cooking. I must admit that I havent stuck to it....but your post has re-inspired me. I've been on a bad couple of weeks with having a bad bladder infection that wont go away...makes my back and tummy very sore! But again, I should try and move every day..... Thanks! :)