LOSE the FLUBBER girls Weigh In Day...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI - I said Wednesday can be our weigh in day for those dieting out there. Okay - I broke down and had a donut last night - coud not resist. I was on the road with my son, taking him to his learning center.... So ASHAMED...

Oh well - scale says 4 lbs. lost(Depends what hour it is) I'll say it is right, in the hopes that I can keep on track. The exersize really sped it up last time. I have got to do it again!! Just scared I will have too much pain afterwards and feel so weak now.

Anyone else want to report - good or bad?
    Big Chubby Hugs :)
    Kim
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I just got my period, i ain't weighing in!!LOL

I have gon in reverse, and probably gained back the two measlly lbs i lost!

I will try weighing in next week, and hope i'm back to where i was.

I can't get rid of that wanting to munch feeling even when i'm not hungary!! I've tried drinking water instead, but it's not working!

grrrrr!
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thank you Kim for being so diligent with this...I for one, appreciate it...Lately, days have been rough for me and I have not been able to keep up with this site but as usual was about to bump up with my weight report and got on to see your post right up there on the first page...

We are TIED at 4 pounds down...And I am sad to add that I haven't been eating well at all and my rebounder is starting to collect dust too...Oh no!!! So 4 pounds down for not doing that much for myself??? Hmmm, being rewarded allready for the lil changes I made this week...I'll take it!

Wednesday is a great day for a weigh-in, thanks for starting that too...

Okay girls, post your progress or dilemmas or share your struggles or like Kim with her donut, share your 'sweet cheat' stories...tehe

I am off to try and shop a bit, told hubby allready, no looking at truffle cakes and donuts...I have to guide him around the store now to avoid those aisles, but hey I noticed now they use the end caps at the good food aisles to push cereals and other 'stuff'...Next we will have to bring blindfolds with us to shop...Now that wouldn't go over well would it?

Love to all and keep up the good work...This cold weather is hitting me hard but I'm still trying to better my health...Hey, no matter what I do, I hurt, might as well hurt for a longer time and at least try...

BIG CHUBBY HUGS right back at ya Kim...Thanks for the inspiration~Alicia
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

morningsonshine - join us next week for it, if you want, I know that munchie feeling - It has never been so bad for me. I am thinking if I do some exersize I can have that donut once in a while :)

Alicia - Thanks for your support! I appreciate it & appreciate you. Good for you with the 4 lbs.lost!!! Last time I went on this mission it seemed I did "kinda okay" for a couple of weeks and then the 3rd or 4th week - I had a big drop. I really want that to happen again. I just need to get moving. Glad you are getting out today - thats a good thing.

Keep it up!!! We can "suffer" together :)
    Hugs
    Kim
  5. fibroboom

fibroboom New Member

since i just decided to do this, next week I will weigh in.

It is worse than an alcoholic cus we have to eat, although

it scares me to eat some things cus as we all know they

lead to other things, i am sure you all know what i mean.

I will make the weigh in next week!

good luck for the week!

hugs fibroboom
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have lost 2 lbs, not alot but at least the number is going down and not up.

Love to all, Ann
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I want to join you guys in your quest to lose weight. I want to lose 10 lbs. I guess I will wait until next week to weigh in, is there anything else I should know that you guys are doing? Thanks, Kim :)
  8. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

fibroboom - yes, you are so right... I'd like to refer to myself as a "chocaholic" LOL. See you next week. Good Luck!

Ann - Yipee, DOWN is GOOD! Great Job! Keep it Up (i mean down :) CONGRATS!

Good for you!
    Hugs
    Kim
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I was off work yesterday so no time to check in.. but.. did weigh in this morning and I'm back up one of the pounds I just lost.. : ( But that puts me at 4 lbs as well!! Must be the magic number this week.
    I actually did really good yesterday....... well... if ya don't count the starbucks.. (hangs her head in shame!)

Today will be a good day though!

Love and hugs to all.. you girls rock!
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I get the mocha light frappucinos at Starbucks. If you like frappucinos, they are good and cut the calories in almost half! :) Kim
  11. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Prickles... so great about the walking - I think that would really help me. I am atleast starting to park farther away from things so I have to walk farther. Hope that helps - it all counts though right?

boltchic - thanks for the Starbucks tip - I will get one of those next time!

dononagin -way to go! I think it goes by how much water we are retaining too, so that other lb. still means something :) & your Starbucks sounds alot lighter than my darn donut I swallowed down yesterday :-( Don't feel bad. Maybe this thread should be titled... "Lose 4 lbs. a week with us"... Bet everyone would join in. If we can do this every week.... by December... well, you know.... wouldn't that be nice!!

Take Care friends!
    Hugs
    Kim
  12. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

at weigh-in at WW. My father was sick and last week we had to plan the funeral, etc. I didn't eat much, but I was told stress can do it too. Plus, being over 50 is a big culprit.

So, I am doing very well. Have kept within the points the past 2 days.

With our parents medical history, I have 3 other sisters on eating plans, too. That helps a lot.

I am not one to do it alone.

patti

13. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

What a great idea! I could use some support in the weight loss area....about a 100 pounds. I have started drinking more water and adding more vegies and fruits to the diet.
    Hopefully the scale will look good next week.
    Thanks for starting this.
    Kayleen.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just jumping in here. I gained 6lbs this summer for no particular reason so count me in. I want to lose that 6 and another 4, so that is ten. Figure it will take till my birthday last day November.

Everything is tight. Cept my good friend bought me some clothes she found on sale and she bought them all about three sizes too big. I said "Gee how big do you think I am girl?" so she took them back and swapped them for a 12 (I am 5ft9in) but it made me think I really have to lose that weight I got on.

So what's the plan???

Love Anne
  15. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

sorry - I missed that anyone posted today. Just caught up to it. I have been eating, well... okay. Broke down and had a burger with my son this week. I take him to a learning center after school and he has to eat prior to it.

Unlike me, he needs to gain weight - very skinny boy. So, we are a bad combo when doing all of this running around:)

Good Points: Lots and Lots of water, substituting fattening foods for breakfast and lunch and only 1 soda for a week (very good for me)

Things I need to work on: EXERSIZING... geez I keep repeating that, but have a sinus infection and fever - so the muscle pains are pretty intense righ now. I will work on that soon I hope.

I am noticing a little less buldge (sp).. just a tiny bit, but maybe a little less.

Anyway - good luck to you all. Lets hang in there - you all are keeping me from losing steam.
    Hugs
    Kim
  16. Hi - I am a newbie around here but not new to CFIDS/ME, FMS. Nor to struggling with my weight. I struggled with my weight and self image for well too long. Going to community college and struggling with diagnosis of many medical problems plus physical disability (all started around age 9) my weight jumped from hormonal & endochrine imbalances. It got to the point I just gave up I didnt know what to do I felt totally out of control. I hated myself. My weight went up to 210 + on a short 5' 2" frame.

One day my Mom decided to go on weight watchers. She went to meetings and such. My birthday was right around the corner. I decided to take the books and follow the points program. Let me tell you the way my ADD mind works just having those guidelines for how much to eat helped a lot. I actually felt it was almost too much to eat at first.

I slowly learned, the best I could, what I could eat and what I couldnt, that I needed to eat less carbs and cut out sugar and dairy (they bloat me alot) and that I needed to eat more fiber foods. I started to like new things like vegetarian chicken patties and burgers, dreamfields pasta, etc. It is hard work. Its a lifetime change. I tried to fit in limited "exercise" it hurts and it exhausting but I knew I had to do something.

my weight slowly went down. But it did. Id lose a bunch of lbs, it would waiver go up a bit and then down again. Id finally gotten it down to 126 but then it got hard something happened it jumped out of my hands and up to about 133. I am scared its my endochrine problems sneaking in on me because I am following everything the best I can.

I try to eat something at least every 3 hours, nothing after 6pm (thats HARD) and drink lots of water. And must get enough fiber.

The way my stomach gets bloated from IBS makes me feel FAT. Its been a long hard road but my self image didnt catch up.

well I hope its ok I share my own struggle. Its not impossible. it toes take focus and effort but it is worth it in the long run. My method is to weight myself every morning. it helps me see if I need to change how I am eating from day to day.

Christine
  17. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Good for you - I am losely following WW myself, as last time I was on it I did Great in losing the weight.

Very inspiring - Thank you for sharing!! We need that!
    Hugs
    Kim
  18. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Love this idea ladies....
    I was kinda doing my own one every Monday with myself but I've found if you are being held 'responsible' and setting a goal and letting others know, you have a much higher chance of getting to that goal.
    I for one have been off work for 6 months now on a sick leave....during which time I have done very little (too sick to go out much) so I've gained some weight. I've gained about 15-20 in the past year so I need to get it off. I've started back at the gym just the past 2 weeks, doing light stuff, seems to be working I feel a bit better (emotionally) but I have suffered a couple of crashes so not sure if I might be pushing it too much for the moment.
    My dr. has also told me to try a non wheat and no sugar diet for my IBS etc.....hope that works out as well.
    Im down for checkin in every wed.... I lost 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks....15 more to go!
    Erika
  19. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Actually I've lost 3.6 lbs. in the past 3 weeks....it doesn't come off fast or easily. But I'm trying to make changes that I can stick with- and giving up a lot of baking. I love to bake! Anyhow, wish me luck and I'll wish you the same!
    Terri